3 days post op and still really nauseous

jennitho21
on 4/15/09 5:20 am - Fort Huachuca, AZ
I was banded on monday and had some issues with vomiting at the hospital, after going home I am still really nauseous, everything makes me gag. Did anyone else experience nausea for this long and if so what did you do to get past it, I am taking in plenty of water but it still makes me sick to my stomach. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
fairy_kissez
on 4/15/09 5:27 am, edited 4/15/09 5:27 am - Albuquerque, NM
I was banded a week ago and I have not had any problems so far. Did you ask your nurse or Dr what they thought? Are you still throwing up? I feel so bad for you and your prob like what is this B***h over here telling me she had no problems lol jk hope that made ya laugh even just a little?? Serious though talk to the dr asap thats what I would do.

Jen
jennitho21
on 4/15/09 2:02 pm - Fort Huachuca, AZ
I did end up calling the doctor and he had me come right in. Come to find out I had a bunch of air trapped in the band, as soon as he drew out the air i felt immediate relief. My doctor said it is fairly uncommon, he has only had a few patients that this has happened to. I was able to drink a protein shake and had some cream soup and now I feel like a million bucks. Thanks for responding.
-Jen
katcruiser
on 4/15/09 11:48 pm - Sherwood, AR
Glad you are feeling better.  Hope your recovery is smooth sailing from here on out.
Kat

fairy_kissez
on 4/15/09 11:58 pm - Albuquerque, NM
OMG are you serious??? I am happy that you went back to your dr. Us bandsters need to stick together with all the stuff I been Reading on here lol I guess we have a lot to look forward to...did you hear about the slime??? LOL now I probably would have done the surgery anyway but if you read a post in the surgical side of the forum in lap band there is a thread about what are your no no foods read it!!! if you have not already, it nice that we can get some information from others you would think that my dr would of gave me a heads up!! glad you are feeling better band buddy!

Jen

lapband in 2008 at 298lbs , lowest weight was 183lbs , Band almost killed me and removed in 2011. No revison because to much damage for revision.

Anti Lap-band advocate!

Most Active