Surgery Date

skeetsangel
on 4/13/09 5:25 am - Harleysville, PA

Hello - I'm new here, but wanted to share the good news! I finally have a surgery date, for May 14th!  I'm so excited, anxious and nervous, along with a bunch of other emotions too!  My best friend had her surgery in March, so I know I have a great support person and it'll be nice for her to have someone to share the experience with as well.

Any advice for before and after the surgery - don't be shy and spill it all!

Thanks in advance!

Alisha

scorpiokutie
on 4/13/09 9:10 am - Baltimore, MD
I just wanted to say hello and congratulations on your date!!!

Tiffany

Michael Eak
on 4/13/09 1:15 pm - Largo, FL
Read the posting below yours - "Surgery Date 4/15" - They say it all or most of all in there.

Congratulations on getting your Boarding Ticket for the WL Train to Loserville!
Mike

Open RNY 5/10/06 and now
Laparoscopic Realize Banding. 4/21/09
9/1/09 I've rec'd 4 fills and lost 86 lbs. so far.
Check the www.obesitynomorefl.com Website Calender.
Tom C.
on 4/13/09 10:12 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

THIS IS GREAT NEWS !! SO HAPPY FOR YOU !!

WILL SAVE YOU A SEAT ON THE LOSERS BENCH !!

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
knailnhair
on 4/14/09 3:24 am - Milford, NJ
Welcome and Congrats on taking the big step!!!  I'm going to be banded with the Realize Band on May 19th...we'll be going thru it together. Where are you located?? I'm in New Jersey....

Have you done anything in prep for the surgery? Find any protein shakes you like??

Kimi

Kimi
Everything happens for a reason..Just believe...

skeetsangel
on 4/15/09 4:04 am - Harleysville, PA
Thank you for all the Warm welcomes!

Kimi - I'm in PA about 45 min from Phila. 

I'm am getting my protein shake mix this weekend, so if there is any you can recommend, that would be a big help!
mambocat
on 4/18/09 3:18 pm - Elkins Park, PA
Hi,

I noticed you are a patient of Dr. Bonanni.  I am also one of his patient's and am having the Realize Band on April 28th.  Although I'm looking forward to beginning my new life - I am a little nervous.  Good luck and keep in touch.

I'll let you know how things go.  I have my pre-admission tests Monday 4/20 and start my liquid diet Thursday 4/23.  I have stocked up on supplies and am ready to begin.

Judy
skeetsangel
on 4/20/09 4:27 am - Harleysville, PA
Judy -

That is wonderful!  I am actually seeing Dr G for my Band.  I have my pre op test/class on the 4/27, and just waiting to schedule the other pre-op testing with the hospital!  

Let me know how today went! 

Alisha
mambocat
on 4/20/09 11:17 am - Elkins Park, PA
Alisha,

Everything went well. I was actually the only person in my lapband class (with Paula) and then another short class with the Nutritionist. Really interesting, you'll get to see what the band actually looks like and Paula did a great job showing exactly how it is placed. There were also 2 short videos and then the test. If you read the manual and listen to Paula and the Nutritionist, you'll be fine.

Had my pre-admission tests today - I was at the hospital for 4 hours, but they do a lot. I guess it depends on your individual cir****tances - I have sleep apnea so must stay overnight, so that may have been a factor. That's about it I guess. Thursday starts the 5 day fast - I'll let you know how that goes.

Judy
Most Active