Going to be Realized...are you happy you did?

farleyskat
on 4/7/09 5:14 am - St. Helen, MI
Hello Everyone.  I found out today I'm going to be getting my Realize band on May 20th.  Very happy the end of the wait (weight?) is in sight.  Didn't know until the doctor's office called today with my date what band I would be getting.  I'm kind of new here, been reading alot of posts, and this has probably been covered, but can I hear from anyone who is really happy or unhappy that they got Realize instead of Lap; and why?  I've heard some good things about the Realize MySuccess web site for after surgery care.  Also, my doctor said this would be an outpatient surgery.  But I've heard from others that they had to stay overnight.  Did anyone have to stay overnight after getting their band?  Why?  Did it have to do with surgical complications? 

Thanks for any info,
Kat
smilan
on 4/7/09 11:20 am - GA
Hello. I was banded on Thursday w/the new Realize C-Band. So far, Im very happy. I had a few rough days post op, but nothing I couldnt handle. Ive lost 16 pounds so far, including 5 from my two day clear liquid pre op. I dont use the realize my success website. It just isnt user - friendly. I stayed overnight, but it was still technically (for insurance purposes) out patient. I am doing well. Congratulations on your new life!

sharvey1963
on 4/8/09 12:20 am - Borden, IN
I was Realize on June 30, 2008, and have lost 62 lbs and I love my Realize band and yes I did stay over night, my surgery was @ 7 @ night, but they told me that I would stay over night, because they needed to do the swallow test to make sure there are no leaks, which everyone has to have, I didn't have any surgical complications at all.  I was up and down all night couldn't slept, just wanted the weight to start coming off, everything went just like they said it would.

I would do it all over again, just because I feel so much better and my diabetes is getting better every day, I am hoping soon I will be off of the insulin pump that I have had for almost a year on May 15, 2008.

I still have about 55 lbs to go for my personal goal, I will get there in time.

Good Luck with your Realize Band, I feel that you will do just fine.
Susan
Realize Band ,1st fill 3cc - Aug 14, 08,2nd fill 1cc  - Oct 2, 08
3rd fill  2cc - Nov 13, 08,4th fill1cc - Jan 8, 09,5th fill 3/4 cc - March 26, 09

wildheart63
on 4/8/09 4:04 am - IL
i did'nt have to have the swallow test....

wildheart63
on 4/8/09 1:20 am - IL
i am 6 months out and am very happy i had the realize band ...it is a learning proccess with eating....i stayed overnight but that is just what my surgeon does with all his band patients.observation/what ever you want to call it. it is still surgery so they need to make sure you are ok. i like the relize mysuccess website,i just did a online survey thing for the company and it was fun and educational, and great to see that others are not perfect in this, we all slip from time to time but the biggest thing is you need to be ready for this "band" it will work if you let it...if not you will be sorry because the complications are not fun...as i have heard.
good luck and welcome to the band!
lori

Tom C.
on 4/8/09 3:32 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

To be honest I am not happy with my Realize band. I am ecstatic !! Have lost close to 160 pounds in 15 months !! How can I not be ??!?!?!

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
wildheart63
on 4/8/09 4:05 am - IL
you go tom!

dolphin13glass
on 4/8/09 5:55 am - Thurmont, MD
WOW Tom, WTG!!!!!!
Marsha B.
on 4/8/09 5:26 am - VA
I'm very happy with my Realize Band.  I've lost 50 pounds in 4 1/2 months.  I did not stay overnight and I did not have a swallow test.  I would definitely do it again!!!
Good luck and welcome!

Marsha

dolphin13glass
on 4/8/09 5:55 am - Thurmont, MD
Great Job Marsha!!! Keep up the good work!!!
Most Active