DID I MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICE?

NORD901
on 3/27/09 2:24 pm
HEY GUYS,
I FEELING VERY DOWN AND DEPRESS. I AM HAVING DOUBTS ABOUT THIS SURGERY. I HAD MY SURGERY DONE SINCE 12/22/08, I HAVE ONLY LOST 21LBS. MY BAND IS FILLED AT 7 1/2CC AND I STILL FEEL NO RESTRICTIONS. I SERIOUS NEED SOME SUPPORT. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY ADVISE FOR ME ?
clovett
on 3/28/09 5:51 am - farmingdale, NJ
Hey there, I know your feeling a little down and you probably know what I'm going to say. This is a slow process and sometimes i get a lttle down when i don't see a dip in the scale.  Are you working out? How's your eating? All that plays a part in this process. I had surgery on Nov 7, 2008 and I'm only down 27lbs I work out 5 days a week and I eat really well. I see a major difference in my clothes and that's what matters to me. I've only had one fill which was 4cc's, due for another on April 8th.  Pick your head and be encouraged. You will see results just keep at it. Some of our results may take longer than others.  God Bless You
[link=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcA3oBn/]
[image noborder]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wcA3oBn/weight.png[/image]
[/link]

NORD901
on 3/29/09 1:34 am
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT. IT IS GOOD TO HEAR FROM PEOPLE WHO HAS BEEN IN MY SHOES.  MY PERCEPTION OF THIS SURGERY IS COMPLETELY WRONG. I KNEW HAD A FOOD ADDICTION AND THOUGHT THIS SURGERY WOULD HELP ME CONTROL IT. I HAVE ALWAYS MADE POOR FOOD CHOICES, MY EATING PATTERN IS STILL THE SAME. THIS SURGERY REQUIRES MORE OF ME THEN I THOUGHT. I REALIZE I CAN'T DO THIS ALONE UNLESS I GET SOME HELP. MAYBE WORKING WITH A NUTRITIONIST AND EVEN TALKING TO MY DR MORE. I TRULY APPRECIATE YOUR WORDS OF WISDOM AND I WILL KEEP MY HEAD UP.
Farmgirl58
on 3/30/09 7:16 am - AL
Hang in there Sweetie, you will be fine.  Question...do you have some sort of support group to help you hang in there?  Where do you live?  Is there any kind of wls support group?  I live about an hour and half from the closest support group and will travel that distance to be with folks who understand what we are going through, plus you will be able to make new friends and maybe even make someone whom you can call when the times get rough.  Weight loss is not easy, no matter what program you follow...main thing is don't get down on yourself, get out and walk, make new friends, take up a hobby, or attend an excersice class after work or class.  You can do it, no one said it would be easy, the band is a tool to help us lose the weight, just need to tweek your food choices a bit.
Anyway, best wishes and look at the positive side, just think what you will look like in 6 months. 
I am 58, and I keep a mental pic of when I was 19 wearing a two peice bathing suit, not that I would wear one when I get my wieght down, but it helps to know what I can look like. 
God Bless you and best wishes.  You are worth looking good...Farmgirl58
(deactivated member)
on 3/28/09 9:39 am, edited 3/28/09 10:00 am
Hang in there!  I have been in your shoes!  I was banded in January.  It took a while to hit my
sweet spot.  I may still need another cc to get there completely.
What size band do you have?  Maybe you need another fill.  Ask your Dr.  I have 5 cc's in my
9cc band  - but everyone is different.    I felt really discouraged before my last fill because I could
pretty much eat whatever....  I do exercise a lot - be sure you are.  Hang in there!

NORD901
on 3/29/09 1:22 am

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT. I HAVE A 9CC BAND, I AM SCHEDULE FOR A FILL TOMORROW 3/30/09. I WILL DISCUSS ALL MY ISSUES WITH THE DR. HONESTLY, I DO NOT EXERCISES AS MUCH; MAYBE ONCE OR TWICE EVERY 2-3 WEEKS. I GUESS I REALLY NEED TO CHANGE MY BAD HABITS.

(deactivated member)
on 3/29/09 1:40 am
Start with baby steps... remember?  Park far away in the parking lot and walk, take the stairs, go for a 15 or 20 minute walk at lunch time 3 - 4 times a week.  That helps tremendously.  You don't have to jump in and join a gym.... just move.  Sometimes I just walk up and down my driveway for a bit.  I live in New Hampshire - so we take any chance we can to get out of the house :)))))
Good luck with your fill tomorrow - I am betting you will see a change... drop me a line and let me know if you can.  Take care
Heather :o)
on 3/29/09 4:12 am

Definitely discuss with your MD, but he will want to know if you are following all instructions to the T.  I am sure you have heard this, but the band is only a tool to help us in the weight loss journey, it is not a no effort required magic wand.  I would pull out all your band info, read it all over, and try to get back on the wagon.  If you have food addiction, then support groups are going to be very important for you.  You might even want to look into therapy.  Best of luck to you!

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
wannababy
on 3/29/09 4:11 pm - St. Louis, MO
I know it can be frustrating...but hang in there! It is a slower process than what we would like, but it will happen, just takes time and trial and error... Will you be pleased if you lose 84 lbs within a year?!? I think that is a great number, and that is what you are averaging so far.... that is huge! Just looking on the smaller scale that doesn't seem quick enough for all of us... Keep up the good work, whatever you are doing, it is working.....

Highest: 338/Surgery Day: 303/Current: 270/Goal: 180
Most Active