Just another failed attempt

motherpagel
on 3/28/09 1:37 pm
I don't want to go to my next appointment.  Since November I have been battling weight gains.  I go up and I go down.  From Thanksgiving through the New Year I netted a one pound gain.  Since then I have continued to gain.  Last week I started writing down what I eat and I lost some, but I am still up from my last Dr. visit.  I am frustrated and disappointed in myself.  I feel I have let my family down and wasted money.  And on top of that I have gotten food stuck 3 times since my last visit.  It's been my fault usually I didn't chew enough, I ate meat that was too tough I ate too fast but I still gain weight.  Any body else feel this way or have any insights to help.
Heather :o)
on 3/29/09 4:15 am

I know how you feel about not wanting to go.  I remember my OB appointments when I was preggo and i'd gain massive amounts of weight and know I was in for the lectures from the MD. Its a little different though with a Bariatric MD.  They are used to this.  People gain weight at times along the journey, they have probably seen it more than you know.  The last thing they want is for a patient to avoid aftercare for that reason.  Discuss your concerns with your MD.  Good Luck!

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
Denise074
on 3/31/09 9:32 am - Wayne, NJ
Hi Heather, I was just wondering why you had the revision to the realize band.  IF you don't mind explaining.  Thanks
Denise

Banded on 2/25/09 
SURGERY: 296
GOAL: 180
First Fill: 3/31/09 at 4cc's in a 9cc band

www.my-calorie-counter.com     The webs free Calorie Journal
bscharwath
on 3/29/09 10:12 am
I just got the band a few weeks ago so my free opinion is based on past medical supervised diets, ex. diet pills, or weigh****chers, or anything I've tried.

If I skipped appointments because of not loosing enough weight or because my weight was up, then I just backslid further in depression and gained more weight.  

You may be totally different but maybe if you go to the appointment you'll get back in control of things.  Sounds like you already have with the food diary.  That's a great start.

Beth

Mary B.
on 3/30/09 12:50 am - Southern, MD
I TOTALLY feel the same way. Allthough Im only 6 weeks post op. Im kinda feeling like if I had had another type of surgery I would bee down 40lbs by now! Then I try to remind myself why I got the band instead of anything else. Then I get even more depressed when I realize I was SELF PAY and I'll be paying for the next 6 years on it!

The only bright spot is I havent had a fill yet and I will PRAY, BEG, CRY for a fill when I go for my 6 week follow up.

Good luck to you, hope things will get better for us!!
    Banded Feb 23, 2009 / Revision to RNY Aug 25, 2010

Heather :o)
on 3/30/09 1:47 am

Mary,
Try not to feel discouraged, when will you get your first fill? Often you have no restriction until the fills start.  When I got my first band I remember feeling the same way, so discouraged, it took 2 fills and then I started losing like 10-12 lbs a month. 

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
Mary B.
on 3/30/09 2:21 am - Southern, MD
Thanks Heather.
I guess I thought I would lose a chunk (20-30lbs or so) kinda quick at first then things would start to settle down. My 6 week post op is Weds and I am HOPING to get a fill, but I think I read somewhere where my Dr does them at 8 weeks. I think I'll gain in the next two weeks waiting!

Im sorry, I dont mean to whine....I just gotta kick myself in the butt and at least start working out. Just gotta wait for that switch to click in my head, kinda like every other diet, so I can get started.

This really is NOT an EASY way out but hopefully my little band buddy will help soon.
    Banded Feb 23, 2009 / Revision to RNY Aug 25, 2010

Butterfly618
on 4/1/09 5:58 am - NJ
Hey Mary
I needed three fills before I felt the restriction. My Dr did mine sooner but only put in a little each time until 3/24 at the appointment she put in 1.5cc befor then she only did no more then .8cc so it too three times until I go good restriction. She said she couldn't do a lot because I need to be 10 weeks out. So the other times I paid for nothing. Your better off your six weeks out and the Dr will be able to put in more in the long run it may cost you less. Keep up the faith. You know the saying fake it until you make it. Once you get good restriction you will drop weight quickly. When you were on other diets were you a fast loser? You have to take that into effect too. Keep up the good work at least you losing and not gaining like I did before my last fill.

"SUCCESS IS A LIFESTYLE, NOT A DIET"
Please visit my OH  Support group:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/allinthemind/welcome/

Where you will find helpful strategies to achieve you goals

Highest 325.7lbs Surgery 295lbs Current 244lbs 

Butterfly618
on 4/1/09 5:15 am - NJ
Go back to the Dr maybe you need a fill. I was feeling the same why eating too much and gaining when for my second fill and boy did that do the trick. I am up to 4cc and feeling restricted.

"SUCCESS IS A LIFESTYLE, NOT A DIET"
Please visit my OH  Support group:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/allinthemind/welcome/

Where you will find helpful strategies to achieve you goals

Highest 325.7lbs Surgery 295lbs Current 244lbs 

Most Active