Feeling Frustrated!!

kad_30542
on 3/25/09 10:57 pm
I have lost around 57 pounds and have stalled out.  I keep gaining and losing the same 5 pounds.  I weigh 203 to 208.  I started out at 260 and I am now at my 5th month.  I so desperately want to be under 200 pounds and it just seems like I am never going to get there.  Don't get me wrong I am very pleased with the weight that I have lost but I just don't want to fall into a rut like I used to when I would diet before with out the band.  When ever I would hit a plateau I would give up and I just don't want that to happen.
Has anyone else been through this and what did you do to get the weight loss going again??
crystalglass_33
on 3/26/09 3:57 am - Waterloo, IL
I just went through this. I had lost 25 pounds and then nothing... for months! I just started losing again and I think it's just your body. It gets used to something and then quits losing. I'm almost at 40 now and just excited to be losing again. It's been 6 1/2 months since my surgery and I know they say to be patient and it's a slow process, blah blah, but it's hard to be so patient when you want it so bad. I'm 3 pounds away from my lowest recorded weight since I was 13 years old! And I just want to lose that 3 pounds and then I lose 10 more and I'll be under 200! YAY!!! Just make sure you're eating what you're supposed to be eating and bump up your exercise a little ( I could stand to do this myself) and I bet in no time you'll be seeing those numbers goin' way down :)
kad_30542
on 3/26/09 9:45 am

Thanks!!  Congrats on your wieght loss so far!!  I know it is a slow process but it was going down so fast until about 2 weeks ago.  I am going to back off on some of the carbs that I started eating again and see if this helps as well.  I am still only eating around 1200 calories a day but I have started eating more carbs in the last month.  So hopefully with changing up the exercise and watching the carbs and recording everything I will start to see a loss again. 

It will be an exciting feeling once we are under 200!!  Keep me updated and let me know when you hit 199!!

Thanks Kim!!

wildheart63
on 3/26/09 3:59 am - IL
I AM 6 MONTHS OUT AND HAVE LOST 20LBS BUT I HAVE LOST 12.5 INCHES..I HAD RESTRICTION BUT IT WASN'T THE SWEET SPOT ...UNTIL LAST WEDNESDAY I NOW HAVE PERFECT RESTRICTION AND HAVE DROPPED 5 LBS IN ONE WEEK.....I DRINK MORE WATER AND UPPED MY PROTIEN......I WAS BATTLING THE SAME 5LBS FOR 3 MONTHS
GOOD LUCK TO YOU!
LORI

kad_30542
on 3/26/09 9:49 am
Thanks!!   Congrats on the wieght and inches lost!!  I do wonder if I need another fill.  I am eating around 1200 calories a day and that is what my doctor wants me to be at.  I don't know...  I am just going to try and keep my spirts up and log, exercise and watch my carb intake.  Hopefully I will break the cycle in the next month and hit my goal of being under 200!!  That will be a very sweet moment!!

Thanks Kim
Farmgirl58
on 3/26/09 10:26 am - AL
Don't feel frustrated, your body has to have time to catch up with what you are losing, also if you are excersicing, you are losing inches also.  Don't give up, you can do it.  I read somewhere that sometimes it is best to go back to the basics, like just start out with clear liquids for a day, then on to full liquids for a few days...might jump start your system again.  Anyway, good luck, don't give up...you are working toooooo hard to just quit.  Farmgirl58
kad_30542
on 3/27/09 3:06 am
Thanks!!  That is a good idea.  I will go back and try a day of liquids. 

Kim
sharvey1963
on 3/26/09 9:22 pm - Borden, IN
I am going through the same thing right now, If I didn't know better, I would have thought that I had wrote that. 

I went to the doctor yesterday and he gave me a fill of 3/4 cc, I to have been going back and forth with the same 5 lbs for the last 2 1/2 months, and I am about ready to just scream, I was doing so well and then it just all stopped.  I am hoping with getting a fill yesterday, that will jump start the weight lost again.  I have a total of 7 3/4 cc in my band now and it only goes up to 9 cc from what I have read.

I hope that things start to change for you, I have gone back to just liquids which should done after a fill per my doctor, I am hopping that this helps.

Well good luck, I hope you get out of your rut soon.  Hang in there I know you will start losing again Good Luck....
Susan
Realize Band ,1st fill 3cc - Aug 14, 08,2nd fill 1cc  - Oct 2, 08
3rd fill  2cc - Nov 13, 08,4th fill1cc - Jan 8, 09,5th fill 3/4 cc - March 26, 09

Tom C.
on 3/27/09 12:40 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

We all go through this. I lost like crazy for 10 months, then for two months nothing - and I yo-yo'ed with the same 5 pounds. Now I will be honest, I wasn't as strict as I was for the first 10 months. Once I got back 'on track' I began to loose again. I have also increased my exercise, and that seems to be helping too.

In those two months I viewed it as a "learning experience". It’s good to get used to this style because when we hit “maintenance" we know life is gonna be this way.  I realized this is how "real skinny" people live. They deal with weight fluctuations all their life.

Finally, the one great thing about the band is since it’s a tool - it can be “called upon" in times like this. You may need an adjustment. So if you still stall for another month, you may want to contact your Doctor.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
kad_30542
on 3/27/09 3:11 am
Thanks so much!!  I think I will give it another month and see what happens and then if no wieght loss then I will go in and get a fill.

Kim
Most Active