REALIZE BAND SUCCESS STORIES

Farmgirl58
on 3/22/09 7:53 am - AL
Hello Friends....just a question....how many of you have had the Realize band or lap band procedure more than say 5yrs ago and how have you been doing?  I asked my surgeon when I had my first appt. with him what is the success rate, and the long term usage of the band?  In other words what would happen in say 10 to 20yrs from now with the band still in tact?  Would like to hear from anyone with any opinion or experience with the lap band.
I will be having my surgery hopefully the end of april See the surgeon the 26th of March for the surgery date
Farmgirl58
crystalglass_33
on 3/22/09 8:41 am - Waterloo, IL
I don't know of anyone on here who has had it more than a year. Actually, I have had it for 6 months and I think there is another girl on here who has had it for maybe 9 or 10 months but nothing close to long-term like you are talking about. It was around a long time ago but then re-released about a year ago I guess. So, no one knows the long term effects of keeping this band in. That does kind of scare me, but I have it and it is helping me lose weight, nothing like I've heard from the lap band people, but I made this bed, so now I'm going to lay in it :) Good luck!
Farmgirl58
on 3/23/09 12:13 pm - AL
Thank you for sharing this information with me....I know there are others out there who have had lap band done several years ago.  The only problem I see is adhesions, but one nice thing about the band, is it can be removed with out too much discomfort if there is a problem.  I may write to the REalize band company to see what they have to say. 
I am still going to have the procedure done, I see no other way of getting this tonage off safely.
So, move over, make room  in your bed, as I am going to be laying there also ! LOL
Will share any information I recieve concerning this question.
Take care....Farmgirl58
wildheart63
on 3/27/09 3:39 am, edited 3/27/09 3:42 am - IL
THE REALIZE BAND IS ALMOST EXACTLY LIKE THE LAP BAND.THERE IS NOT MUCH DIFFERENCE AS FAR AS LOSING WEIGHT ....THEY ARE BOTH TOOLS AND WE HAVE TO USE THEM CORRECTLY TO MAKE THEM WORK THE RIGHT WAY.GO ON BOTH WEBSITES  TO SEE THE DIFFERENCES AND THE SAME QUALITIES.

Teresa_rn03
on 4/3/09 6:48 pm - Jasper, AL
Hey Farmgirl!
Try out this site   http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/DFWBandsters  
   it is a group on Yahoo that is nothing but people who have the band, they are located in the Dallas/Ft Worth area, but there are people from everywhere on there.  (I am from AL as well)  Some of the posters have had to have their band removed and have converted to the GS, but they are still fans of the band.  I have gotten TONS of good information on there.  Also, there are a few people who work in the bariactric field and see it from the site of a patient as well as the professional side and can offer good medical advise...(not to take the place of what your surgeon recommends of course)

I am getting my Realize on the 13th of APril, so we will be losers together!

Mary B.
on 4/6/09 4:54 am - Southern, MD
Hey Farmgirl...
Im thinking you will get alot more responsesif you post this on the Lab Band board. I have a Realize band but more spend more time there as there are alot more postings. You will find both realizers and lap bandsters there! Im interested in the responses also.
    Banded Feb 23, 2009 / Revision to RNY Aug 25, 2010

Most Active