How many calories should i be eating

(deactivated member)
on 3/21/09 12:59 pm
Im 12 days post op and just wondering how many calories i should be consuming? Also how much fat? I had the realize c band on March 10, 2009 I get full really quick, I just want to make sure IM eating enough.Thanks carolyn
crystalglass_33
on 3/22/09 8:46 am - Waterloo, IL
I was told to watch what I'm eating but never was given a set amount of calories. They said low sugar and low fat foods, and eat until you are not hungry anymore, but not necessarily full. I eat a little and then i stop and ask myself, "am I still starving? Can I stop and be satisfied for 2-3 hours?" And if I think I can then I stop and I am never uncomfortably full and I have never thrown up or choked from eating too much or too fast. You have to listen to you body. And if you don't think you're eating enough, then you might not be, but if you're full then you're fine. You can't eat very much right now. You're only 12 days post-op and there is still swelling. When that goes down you will be hungry, and I mean hungry. I'm hoping the realize-c band is different than mine because I'm still not at my sweet spot after 5 fills and haven't felt that "full" feeling after eating small quantities of food since I was about where you are right now. Good luck!
(deactivated member)
on 3/22/09 10:03 am
thank you
Most Active