Any Realize-C bandsters?

PSJ71
on 3/21/09 2:53 am - Blanchard, OK
Hi all,

I was wondering if there is anyone who has been banded with the Realize-C?  If so, how are you doing with it?  The last time I went to see my surgeon and I asked about this band, he told me a few surgeons he knew didn't like the Realize C.  I asked Dr. Curry and he said he likes it.  I like the look of that one and think I might like to have that one.  So, if anyone can give me some input I would be thankful ;O)

Paulette
(deactivated member)
on 3/21/09 10:45 am
Hi, im Carolyn, I got the C band on March 10,2009. The only problem I had is I had some pain where the anchors on the port are. I called my Dr and he said its just the anchors healing into my muscle. It has subsided, im 12 days post op Ive lost almost 20 lbs and I feel great. I dont have anything to compare it to but Im very happy with my choice. Let me know if you need anything. Carolyn
PSJ71
on 3/21/09 1:37 pm - Blanchard, OK
Hi Carolyn,

Thank you so much for responding.  :o) I probably won't have my surgery until May, but it's just a hard decision.  A girl who has the lap band told me that the only thing that she didn't like about hers was her port.  She said she can feel it really easily through her skin.  When I saw the C band a few months back I really liked the look of it and thought that is what I wanted to go with until I asked my doc about it and then I got confused.  He did say he would put one on me if I wanted him to, but he didn't care for that band for some reason.  I will ask him again when I see him.  Please keep me posted on how you are doing.  Thank you again for responding and letting me know.  :) 
(deactivated member)
on 3/21/09 10:46 pm
I dont feel my band, but i do feel my port. My dr really liked the c band, so i guess its just a personal preference. good luck with your surgery. Carolyn
bscharwath
on 3/24/09 7:50 am
I just found out I got the C band. 
What is the difference?

Beth

Mary B.
on 3/25/09 1:14 am - Southern, MD
Hi!
I have the Realize C band. I didnt know I was going to get that one. I was given the choice between the Lap Band or Realize. I let my surgeon decide which one would work better for me when he did the surgery. Then I found out I had the C band.

I cant say I medically know which one is better, but I like what I have!

I cant feel my port...I cant even find it! LOL I have ideas where I think it is but Im not sure. But I do carry my weight in my stomach, so maybe it is just hiding in there! LOL 

Here is a link to Dr. Curry's page...it shows/describes the Realize C band.

http://www.thebanddoctor.com/messageboard_BB/viewtopic.php?t =502
    Banded Feb 23, 2009 / Revision to RNY Aug 25, 2010

peachwood
on 3/25/09 1:35 pm - Milltown, NJ
Hi Realize Hybrids,

I was banded with the Realize C band on Feb 10.  I have not been filled yet and will have to wait another month.  I think I am in Purgatory!!  It is a learning process.   I can tolerate everything - Dry, Moist, Chewy, Stringy, Fiber etc.  that may change when I get a fill.   I will keep you posted. I can feel the port. I do exercise - yoga , tennis, weight lift,  Zumba and have had no I had no problems doing anything.  I did lift something very heavy the other day and I think a pulled the port site a little as it was tender but it is going away.
I understand that the Realize C band is supposed to have less problems tolerating drier foods.  So far that is true with me.
Jane
Most Active