First Fill............

doreen513
on 3/16/09 3:15 pm - PA
Hi All,
I am having my first fill today and do not know if there is anything I should or should not do before my appt.  I did not see anything in my binder from my surgeon but I am not sure.  I should have called the office, but today was busy and I lost track of time and never did call.
Any body have a clue?  No food, don't matter?
Thanks!!!!
Doreen
(I am also going to post this on the main forum)

Tom C.
on 3/17/09 1:06 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

The only thing you really need to do before a fill is RELAX .. Besides that, nothing. AFTER the fill you should be on liquids for a day or so, then mushy foods for another day or so, then solids. Again, your Doctor may be different - so double check with him.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
crystalglass_33
on 3/17/09 3:13 am - Waterloo, IL
I'm not supposed to eat anything a few hours before my fill, but that's it. Make sure you relax. It's not as bad as you think it is, and when you don't relax it can get ugly........ I've had 5 :)
stiletto6507
on 3/17/09 6:04 am
just had my third yesterday, 5cc, man o'man i can feel it. ate a bowl of homemade chicken soup with rice, full as can be!

doreen513
on 3/17/09 10:01 am - PA
Thanks all!!  I got my fill and no prob!  I called the office this morning and they told me to just keep it light.  I am on full liquids today and he told me tomorrow I can eat something more textured but try to keep it simple. In two days, I can eat as tolerated.
Thank You for all of your help.

Doreen

Most Active