Will I lose more w/new Realize C Band

smilan
on 3/15/09 9:05 am, edited 3/15/09 9:06 am - GA
It seems that the realize bandsters have a much harder time getting restriction, and losing. Having read tons of the blogs and comments, it appears that you dont get good restriction until the band is almost totally full. There is a new band being released by Realize. That is the one Im getting. Does anyone know if the weight loss is faster with this one, than the first?
xxnikicolexx
on 3/15/09 10:33 am - Toms River, NJ
I got the new realize band I'm not sure if you get more restriction whith it but my dr. has said that with the realize band because it is only the expandable band with nothing else it does take more resistance to acheived restriction.  In another thing he said he loved the interactive site better and also he said it will give the person the chance to learn what they should be eating and they can also have less of a tendency of pushing the band to the limits. 

I got mine on tuesday a little less then a week and I feel restriction already.   I only eat very small amounts of liquid for ex.  3 or 4 tsp of broth, 3 tsp cream of wheat, one s/f ice pop, 2 oz of s/f carnations instant breakfast and I am full.  I have the new C band and I am happy with it I lost about 15 lbs in 10 days already :)

Good luck girlie
slimee
on 3/15/09 2:53 pm
Hi,

I am a newbie and still trying to decide which surgery to have. Can anyone tell me how much weight I can expect to loose with the Band.  I am 290# now, and my goal is 180 and my ideal weight is 150. Can I loose that much with the band?
Tom C.
on 3/15/09 10:08 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

Slimee,

I am a Realized banded patient, and will be totally honest with you. Yes and No!! It depends how stringent you will be to follow your Doctor’s advice/orders.

I had the band operation last January and have lost 155 pounds (now I started at 435 pounds). I haven’t wavered from both my Doctor and Nutritionists’ guidelines. Plus I am now beginning to increase my exercise. While it’s been “relatively easy", it’s no “walk in the park". You need to work at it. The band is only a tool. The rest is you !!

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
tenache
on 3/18/09 12:55 pm - Lawrenceville, GA
 Hello Slimee,

I think that it's all about commitment and doing whats right. If u that person don't want to make a commitment the band probably won't be ur friend. I hear a lot of people say good things and bad things about the band but it never discourage me because I was willing to commit myself. I basically eat low calorie, low carb, splendarize foods if u won't to call it. Hardly do I even eat salt, I usually use NO SALT that taste just like salt. I exercise regularly and I think that I have done a darn good job for 6mo out and almost 90lbs gone. So if u willing to make that commitment no one should discourage u because of the experience that they have had with the band. Don't get me wrong I haven't had any problems only that my  band was to tight a wk ago and I got it re adjusted because I couldn't keep fluids down. But now I think that I got to much out even thou he only took .5cc out I can eat more than 4 ounces but I am pretty sure I can wait until next mo. for my next fill if not I will call and get a sooner appt.
  [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wQMi0mQ/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wQMi0mQ/weight.png[/img]
[/url]

slimee
on 3/18/09 1:14 pm
Tenache,

Thats fantastic that you have lost 90# with the band! Thank you so much for your input. So it can be done. Thats good to know.
jimslim
on 3/19/09 8:54 am
My friend has lost, to date, 120 lbs in 11 months.  She has a Lap band.  I'm getting the Realize on 3/24.  If you look at the Lap Band forum, you'll see many, many people have lot more than 100 lbs. with the band.  It's all how you work it......if you really work at it!!
Mary B.
on 3/18/09 4:55 am - Southern, MD
Im am 3 weeks post of and I received the new Realize-C band. While I cant say how many fills it will take for me to reach proper restriction...I currently feel restriction with just the empty band. Im guessing the majority of the swelling is gone now cause I have gone from trying to choke down a small cup of jello...to being able to eat a 1 - 1 1/2 cups of food in one sitting. I do get hungry again later, but I definately feel something...and I definately know when to stop.

Granted everyone is different...but If its this good empty...Im looking forward to a fill. If I force myself to take a couple bites of the 'good' stuff first...I wont have any room for the 'bad' stuff...but at least I'll be able to taste something and get it out of my sistem.

I wish you the best of luck!!
    Banded Feb 23, 2009 / Revision to RNY Aug 25, 2010

smilan
on 3/20/09 7:08 am - GA
Most Active