Post op clear diet is making me not want to eat

xxnikicolexx
on 3/13/09 8:43 am - Toms River, NJ
I had surgery on 3/10/09 and I am really confused because I don't really feel hungry but I do get a light headed feeling last night because all I had all day was water.  I don't know what went on during surgery but it was like the jello I liked, the crystal light I liked just now makes me want to puke.  I hate the taste of everything the only thing I really was able to keep down was s/f ice pops.  I just don't know how I am going to stay on clear liquids for another 4 days without dying. 

Please let me know if anyone felt like this or what they did to overcome this feeling.  Thanks a million.
jazzyone30
on 3/13/09 12:09 pm
Hey... congrats on the surgery.. :) i have to say i went through similar.. i just had min 10 days ago... and i didn't want to eat and sight of food made my stomach turn.... it wasn't until 4 days later i fianlly had some creame soup and once i had that it was better... It does get a little better... im just looking forward to not having to drink all my meals :) good luck :) 

Donna W.
on 3/14/09 1:34 am
Oh my...I was reading your post and had a flash back!  LOL...If it makes you feel any better, the way your feeling has nothing to do with the lap band...its from the anesthisia.  The lapband is settling into its new home, your anatomy has been changed.  Alot of strange things happen to us when we are basically brought to the brink of death during surgery.  You are not breathing for yourself, did you know that?  And all the crap they give us in recovery can't be good for our bodies either.

ANYWAY...i'm about 6 weeks out, I can eat, drink , excersize and live life normally, except....
I now have to Chew ..chew...chew...if I dont'..it gets stuck.  then I have to wait a few minutes for it to go down.  I find myself starting all my old habits again, instead of eating when I'm hungry, the emotions are trying to rule me.  I have to keep myself in check at ALL times.  

You won't die.  I promise!  lol....they say clear liquids but that's only because they don't want you to over activate your digestive system while the band settles.  As soon as you feel up to trying different things do so.  Its your body, you know your body.  Ice pops were my favorite. Add alittle non dairy cool whip to the jello and pudding.   Hope this help!  :)
PSJ71
on 3/14/09 2:17 pm - Blanchard, OK
You've come so far! I am not banded yet, and I actually dread the whole liquids thing.  But, you have 4 more days to go.  Not much longer.   You can do it!! 
bornagain3
on 3/15/09 10:24 am - Scottsville, VA
You might try to plan something different every two hours.  It isn't fun, but it isn't forever either.

Jeane
xxnikicolexx
on 3/15/09 10:23 am - Toms River, NJ

I had some carnations instant breakfast s/f today only about 2 oz for breakfast and 2 oz for lunch and I got full it helped with the light headed feeling.  :)

bornagain3
on 3/15/09 10:25 am - Scottsville, VA
That is my protein drink of choice.

Jeane
awages
on 4/11/09 12:17 pm
I'm five days post-op and yesterday I started feeling hungry - growling belly, etc.  The first few days I just looked at the food like YUCK!  I'm already down like 15lbs this week--its a little crazy.  I love the slim fast high protein, both choc and vanilla. 
happy2beclinique
on 3/15/09 1:36 pm
Congrats to you.  Wow, I don't think I ever felt like not eating other than the first 2 days. Hope it gets better for you.

Most Active