Size of Realize-C Band?

Mary B.
on 3/12/09 3:09 am - Southern, MD
I am just over two weeks post op. I have received the new Realize-C band. My question is...how many cc's does it hold? Im kinda confused between it being 4cc or 11cc??

I could call the doc, but I figured I'd ask first. Thanks.
    Banded Feb 23, 2009 / Revision to RNY Aug 25, 2010

xxnikicolexx
on 3/12/09 4:39 am - Toms River, NJ
I just got mine on 3/10 and on the card it says max fill 11cc there is only one size of the new band.
txpatticake
on 3/14/09 1:49 am - Humble, TX
Hey Folks,
I had my surgery Thursday.  I've had some back pain...from gas!!!...finally got it moving and now am walking around the house every 30 minutes to keep it moving.  I had to be on liquids for two days following and this morning, finally, some creme of chicken soup (the Campbell's Healthy Request).  It really helped push some gas ... hallelujah!!
My surgery went well...only took an hour and I was in recovery.  I didn't get out there for a long time, hey, I got out.  I did call my doctor yesterday as my temp went 101.2....but it came down to 100 in the evening. 
And, so, it's interesting.  I had 5 half teaspoons of soup and I was done.  I've really had no appetite, but I drank liquids and kept going because I had to. 
Thanks to any and all of the members who sent well wishes, you don't realize until it's 'your time' how truly important that is!  The curator of this entire site sent the nicest email telling me things to look for after surgery! 
Glad I'm done and am looking forward to the next few weeks!
Pat
xxnikicolexx
on 3/15/09 10:28 am - Toms River, NJ
I am glad to hear that your only eating that much and you get full too I thought I was crazy when I wasn't barely eatting anything and I felt like I was full.  At first I was thinking ok maybe it's gas in my stomach from surgery or maybe it has something to do with the swelling or maybe it's just a mental thing I'm scared to over eat.  Today I had carnations instant breakfast for the first time 2 oz in the am and 2oz for lunch and then I had like 3 tsp of cream of wheat for dinner I really don't have any hunger issues it's sooooo great. 
Mary B.
on 3/12/09 5:06 am - Southern, MD
Ahhh...yup, it sure does say that on the card, doesnt it? Thanks!!

I didnt even think to look on the card! LOL
    Banded Feb 23, 2009 / Revision to RNY Aug 25, 2010

Most Active