Sweet Spot

Nicole Wilson
on 3/10/09 9:25 am - Indianapolis, IN
How do you know when you hit your sweet spot?  I have had 3 fills and I am up to 5 cc's and I still feel hungary.  I had the realize band on 12/10/08.  I get another fill on 3/30.  What surgery did you have and when did you hit your sweet spot?  Also how many cc's does the realize band hold?  thanks...
Marsha B.
on 3/11/09 1:44 am - VA
Realize band hold 9cc.  I had surgery on 11/19/08 and I've had 2 fills and I have 4.25cc's.  I still get hungry and I can still eat too much, but it is getting better.  I understand that it can take 3-4 fills or more to get really good restriction.  Hang in there!

Marsha

crystalglass_33
on 3/11/09 2:59 am - Waterloo, IL
Mine holds 9, and I will be at 7 as of 4:15 today :) Hopefully that will do the trick. I had my surgery 3 months before you did and I still am not at my sweet spot. I've heard it's like falling in love, when you are there, you just know. I have fallen in love, but not w/ my band......... I will give it some more time before I really start to freak out but I'm beginning to run out of patience...
(deactivated member)
on 3/18/09 8:59 am
I just love your posts!  You have a lot of good things to say. 
I am feeling frustrated because I have had one fill and go for another on Monday... but my weight loss has stopped.  Horrors of horrors I may have even gone up 2 or 3 pounds - that ripped me this morning!  I have started a new excercise regime and hope that helps.  I am not happy with the fact that my hunger is around though.  Too many things slide right down.  I guess I should
eat more chicken which gets stuck and makes me stop!  :)))
I was banded in Jan. and have lost 33 pounds - I really should not complain.  I just hoped to see
a little progress each week and that is not the case.
sknd34
on 3/11/09 4:30 am - West Fargo, ND

I had my first fill two days ago in my realize band. It holds 9 cc and they put 4 cc into the band. I just finished lunch and have noticed a difference, but not at my sweet spot. I didn't expected to be at my sweet spot after one fill though. I have my next fill scheduled for April 7
Steph

tommiejean_27
on 3/12/09 11:06 pm - Sherwood, AR
Please keep in mind that everyone is different!!  I just now have restriction and have 10.2 cc's in my band.  I had surgery June 13, 2008 and just got my 9th fill yesterday.  I haven't had anything solid yet but I feel like liquids are going down slower so hopefully this is it!!! 
Debra W.
on 3/13/09 2:57 am - West Columbia, SC
Like you I am up to 5 cc's now, have had 4 fills to date.  I still feel hungry also.  Was banded 6-18-08.  I have the Realize Band, and I am not sure if I have reached this sweet spot or not.  I was told Realize Band's hold 9 ccs.  Since my last fill, 2-17-09 I have noticed if I do not chew my food extremely well, it gets caught, and the piece that was too large, come back out!  I was warned to be very mindful not to drink fluids when I eat because they will wash the food down more quickly causing me to feel hunger more quickly.  When I listen to my body, I can really tell that I am full much more quickly now.  My biggest problem is cravings for bad things, like candy, cake, any sweets, and sushi.  I try to restrict those things but then I get very depressed.  I attempt to use Splenda and sugar free products for everything possible, but I fear these cravings for sweet stuff will be with me, vexing me forever.  Good luck to all of us.  Try to focus on busying yourself when you feel hungry and it isn't the right time to eat.  My dr. said that if nec. I could eat several very small, very, very small meals during the day, but would need to be very, mindful of the quantity of intake if I did so, and remember fluids during the day, but not at mealtime and for half an hr afterward.  Hope this helps...
wildheart63
on 3/13/09 4:10 am - IL
MINE HOLDS 9CC AND I HAVE HAD 3 FILLS 7CC TOTAL, I NEED A TWEEK AND I WILL BE AT THE SWEET SPOT...GOING NEXT WEDNESDAY......CAN'T WAIT. THE BAND CAN HOLD MORE THAT 9CC THOUGH...MY SURGEON SAID!  IT JUST DEPENDS ON THE PERSON,AS TO WHEN YOU HIT IT,EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT!
LORI
happy2beclinique
on 3/15/09 8:19 am
Same here,
My Doc told me not to worry about how many cc's were in because everyone is so different with swelling and what not and that once you lose weight it can also loosen around your stomach and cause you to need more cc's to fill it back to where it was.  Didn't realize this till you think about the fat around our stomach's too.  Hope that helps.  I go  for my first fill in 1 1/2 wks and he said we may be looking at around 4 cc's at least depending on what I can take down as far as liquids in his office same day.  Sounds sensible to me.  

I love my Doc. 
ShweetWahine
on 3/15/09 2:36 pm
I had surgery 11/14/08 and have 8ccs in my 9cc band and can still eat. Not as much as before, and i have to watch that it doesnt get stuck, but i still get hungry too quickly and am considering getting another .5ccs. My dr says most patients w/realize do not start seeing results until 6-7cc's.

My friend who has the same surgeon/dr and realize band seems to be having same progress and lack of restriction as i do, but another one of our friends is really good at 6ccs and lost 80lbs in 7months, so again its so individual, and you still have 4ccs you can get :)
Most Active