really depressed

lillybell68
on 3/6/09 12:45 pm
I've been banded since January 6th, had 4 fills (about 3-4 ccs I think so far) and am gaining weight back!! I don't feel like I've had any surgery at all.  I am eating everything in sight! I'd have no problem staying on the diet if I wasn't hungry all the time.  I'm terrified that I had this surgery for nothing. I know most people said that it too****il about 6 ccs to reach the sweet spot, but I'm really discouraged and scared. Please tell me it get's better...
Liza
Michelle F.
on 3/7/09 3:43 am
Liza it does get better.  Until you hit that sweet spot, try to stay away from slider foods and carbs.  If you stick with solid protein before anything else, you'll stay full longer.  Right now you're in Bandster Hell, it will pass once you're at the right fill leve.  If I eat carbs and sugar, I'm starving all day long.  If I stick with protein there's really not much room for anything else and then I'm not hungry.

Head hunger is another issue!

Michelle
Band to Sleeve Revision 3/1/11

lillybell68
on 3/7/09 5:12 am
Thank you Michelle. You don't know how much better that makes me feel!!!! The support I get on this site keeps me going.

Liza
crystalglass_33
on 3/9/09 8:03 am - Waterloo, IL
It does get better. I gained a pound when I went to my last fill. I wanted to just die... I was banded months before you were and I have 6 cc's! it all depends on the person and what you're eating and if you're exercising and you really do have to have some self-control before you hit your sweet spot. I figure I've lost 33 lbs and I have no restriction so that's awesome. It will get easier, and it will get better. Do the best you can w/ what you have right now and don't get too discouraged or you can really go down hill from there.
Tom C.
on 3/10/09 4:17 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

One of the problems with Doctors who do fills without a fluoroscope is that they can’t really know if the amount they inserted will cause “good enough" restrictions. That’s why Doctors like to do “small fills" (a ½ cc to full cc) at a time. Best to error on the side of small then making it too restricted. It may take 3 - 4 - 5 visits until your “sweet spot" is found.

Don’t be too discouraged. It will occur. And when it happens, you’ll be loosing weight in no time.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Debra W.
on 3/13/09 3:05 am - West Columbia, SC
This is excellent information everyone.  Thank you Liza for expressing how I am feeling also, and I thank everyone else for their valuable information.  I was feeling discouraged by my progress, more inches lost it seems than lbs, etc., but hearing your responses has helped me feel more at ease with where I am.  I am very grateful to you all.
Most Active