just had surgery on tuesday

jazzyone30
on 3/5/09 11:02 am
Hi all i just had my surgery on tuesday and was wondering if anyone else had a problem with gas... im in pain with gas ..i have been walking like crazy but it doesn't seem to be going away...has anyone else experienced this... plus did anyone else have a hard time eating for the first time afterwards.. i finally ate today and really only had 1/3 of a protein drink.. is that normal ??thanks

countrycarrie31
on 3/5/09 10:31 pm - Slidell, LA
Hey Jazzy!  Yep, totally normal.  I am 3 weeks post op and I had the same experience.  Thought I would die from the gas pains, lol.  It was in my belly, left chest, and left shoulder.  It was the worst!  It finally went away and I felt fine.  The restriction you feel right now is from the swelling in your  stomach.  That will go away soon too.  I can't wait for my fills to start because I COULD eat anything right now.  I am trying very hard to make good choices in what and how much I eat.  Good luck to you, you'll do great!!!

Carrie
crystalglass_33
on 3/6/09 6:19 am - Waterloo, IL
I was almost positive I was going to die. But after about 4 or 5 days it went away and I haven't had any problems since. I didn't want to eat until about 1 week after surgery and when I did I wasn't very hungry at all. You're doing just fine! :)
jazzyone30
on 3/6/09 8:44 am
Thank you guys... im glad im not the only one that is feeling this way... also i have another question ... how long did it take for you guys to get the letter from realize to go on to the website and registar...im just freaking out that even though i kept saying the day of surgery to all the doctors when they asked me that i was having the realize band put in ... im just afraid the doctor put in the other band... so how long before you got your letters with the serial number on it.... thanks again....

tobi415
on 3/7/09 2:55 am, edited 3/9/09 10:26 am
Hi Jazzy, I had my surgery on Tuesday also.  I did have some gas pain but not nearly as bad as some other people have talked about. Guess I was lucky.  Keep up the walking. You might not realize it but it is helping.  The litle bit that I did have seems to have subsided other than the burps after I eat so yours should be gone soon too.  I was given my serial number for the realize website at the hospital.  I would reach out to the Drs office for it. 

KEEP STRONG!
knailnhair
on 3/10/09 11:36 pm - Milford, NJ
On March 7, 2009 at 10:55 AM Pacific Time, tobi415 wrote:
Hi Jazzy, I had my surgery on Tuesday also.  I did have some gas pain but not nearly as bad as some other people have talked about. Guess I was lucky.  Keep up the walking. You might not realize it but it is helping.  The litle bit that I did have seems to have subsided other than the burps after I eat so yours should be gone soon too.  I was given my serial number for the realize website at the hospital.  I would reach out to the Drs office for it. 

KEEP STRONG!
Hi there...I see you had the Realize Band by the same doctor I have chosen. I was just wondering how you are feeling?  How was your surgery experience with Dr. A?
Kimi
tobi415
on 3/16/09 12:55 am
Dr. Abkin has been great.  I am two weeks post op tomorrow and pretty much feel normal.  I will see him for a follow up on thursday.  Where are you at in the process?
txpatticake
on 3/16/09 11:44 am - Humble, TX
I am so glad to see this report.  Two weeks and almost normal again?  Did you deal with the ghastly back pain from gas/air?  And, does it get easier to get more food stuffs down? 
Most Active