I am hungry!

(deactivated member)
on 3/4/09 12:27 am
Almost two weeks after my 1st fill of 3cc's in band - I am hungry.  After reading some of the posts
I am nervous that I won't feel much restriction after 6 or 9cc's either.  My weight loss has slowed
and I am not happy about it.  I am hungry between meals!  Boo hoo.  I feel discouraged.
anitamc
on 3/4/09 2:25 am
After my first fill I could not tell I had one. I now have 5cc's and I have to be real careful or I will get stuck. Don't know if I will need one in April or now. I have to see if it lossens up on me. I understand that this happens some time. I didn't lose much wieght until this last fill/ It will get better.
(deactivated member)
on 3/4/09 3:41 am
Thank you, thank you - I needed to hear that!~
wannababy
on 3/4/09 8:05 am - St. Louis, MO
Don't get discouraged... I am 5 1/2 post and am at 5.8 cc and have good restriction...have to watch what I am doing. I don't think I am quite at my sweet spot yet, but getting there really quickly I think. My 4th fill was the one that got me restriction, before that I had nothing... It will hit you eventually!! :) I know it is frustrating...and easy to get down when reading some of other's experiences...it worries me too after reading others comments.....and I have restriction!! Hang in there! I have heard that the more you stick to small portions, the quicker you will get restriction?!?! not sure if that is true or not.... Good luck to you.

Highest: 338/Surgery Day: 303/Current: 270/Goal: 180
(deactivated member)
on 3/4/09 8:51 am
Thank you so much - that helps.
aholmes123
on 3/7/09 10:45 am
Thanks for posting this question, I had the same questions, worries.
I had surgery in the beginning of January and have had 1 fill.  I don't really feel any restriction and haven't lost any weight in a week and a half...  I get another fill this Friday, hope it helps!

Best wishes!

ShweetWahine
on 3/15/09 2:45 pm
Im at 8ccs and 4 months out. I can tell you that it was not until i was at 6ccs that i actually felt any restrcition. My dr did tell me not to even worry about weight loss the first month as there is really no restriction. My dr allows us to eat 3days after surgery. I am considering another .5ccs pretty soon, but at 8cc's there is definitely more restriction and i have to eat more slowly and smaller bites because things do get stuck.

One trick i did in the beginning was to wait a minimum of 60min before drinking after a meal. my dr says only 30, but 60 was key.
Most Active