Would I know if my port flipped?

rivieramaya05
on 2/19/09 2:54 am, edited 2/19/09 5:01 am - TX
VSG on 12/16/13
I was doing an ab workout today on a pilates ball and felt a sharp pain when I did a sit up. The first thing I thought was " I hope that wasn't a anchor coming loose. (I have a realize band)

Anyways, I'm still sore but not really hurting. I assume I'm sore because it's a new workout and those muscles aren't used to being used. Would I be able to feel or tell if my port flipped? I would think I would be in more pain.

stiletto6507
on 2/19/09 4:43 am
the realize port is anchored down not stitched, its not going to flip, and if it did you would know.  i asked my doc about that the same pain also.  after an ab workout it feels like i am getting stabbed, my doc shrugged it off and said that its just soreness around the port area.

rivieramaya05
on 2/19/09 5:02 am - TX
VSG on 12/16/13
On February 19, 2009 at 12:43 PM Pacific Time, stiletto6507 wrote:
the realize port is anchored down not stitched, its not going to flip, and if it did you would know.  i asked my doc about that the same pain also.  after an ab workout it feels like i am getting stabbed, my doc shrugged it off and said that its just soreness around the port area.
Thanks! I called my surgeon just in case and the nurse told me pretty much the same thing. I know a realize band has a smaller percentage of flips but I was worried.

Most Active