Am I eating too much !?!??!?

Tom C.
on 2/19/09 3:12 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

It has been one year since being banded, and I am elated with my results. But the one thing that really haunts me is: am I eating too much. I know many folks say they have 1/2 a cup of this, and a cup of that, but I always weight my food.  

I usually have 4 to 6 ounces of chicken, and another 6 to 8 ounces of broccoli-florentine (which contains broccoli, cauliflower and carrots), then about 2 ounces of “liquid" (broth, cream of chicken/mushroom soup) - which is about a pound of food. I occasionally will have some salad afterwards (with dressing on the side - fork dipped into it). Is this too much?

I haven’t lost weight in the last two months, and I am not panicking about it. I do still full in between meals, and I never feel overstuffed. A very good friend from here told me that I am doing fine, but I am still concern.

What do you think? Should I cut back? I did increase exercising, and I am scheduled for an adjustment in March. Just wondering.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
crystalglass_33
on 2/19/09 4:46 am - Waterloo, IL
I am really starting to believe it depends on the person. I was banded in Sept and I eat about 1/2 cup of food. I don't eat until I'm full. I eat a little and then if I'm not starving anymore I stop. This may not be good for me since I know sometimes I don't eat ENOUGH food and I think that may be stalling my weight loss. My friend was banded 2 years ago and eats like crazy and has only gained back a little bit, so I really think it depends on your body. If you are still hungry when you don't eat this amount of food then you would think you need to be eating like this. If it bothers you a little or if you think you're eating too much, then you could cut down and see how you do. Maybe you will still be satisfied for just as long. Try it out and let me know :)

(deactivated member)
on 2/19/09 9:02 am
When was your last fill?  Maybe you don't have enough in your band now?
Tom C.
on 2/19/09 8:33 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Thanks crystalglass 33 for your insight and suggestions. 

Myturntobeme I had only one adjustment (fill) back in July. I have another scheduled for two weeks - so hopefully that will help.

I appreciate everyone's reply. THANKS !!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active