9 of 10 ccs, no luck yet

aphephobicfriend
on 2/19/09 3:09 am - Ocala, FL
gosh I am so tired of being patient. I had surgery oct 31st and my weight loss is really starting to slow, despite my calorie counting and my pretty intense exercise regime. I want my band to join in the fight. bleah.

Anyone else have as many ccs as me with no restriction? I'm going for an upper GI next week to tell if there's a slip. In the meantime, I'm trying to eat sensibly and exercise, but I have never gotten below about 5-10 lbs less than I weight now. I hope I didn't come all this way just to fail.
As someone told me lately, everyone deserves the chance to fly!
brnsugar91
on 2/22/09 2:58 am
Hello,

I am at about 7cc and am having the same problem. I do not feel a restriction, but am not losing weight either. My surgeon has not yet suggested that my band may have slipped. I have another appointment with him for April 6 to see where I am with weight loss and perhaps I may have to have an upper GI to see what is going on with my band.

I did have a fill back in September that left me unable to eat other then liquids and caused me a lot of pain in my chest area. Had to go back and some of the fluid was removed, needless to say when I had the follow up appoint in December I had not lost any weight. Depression is starting to set in I was hoping to be close to maintaining my weight loss, but instead I still have another 30lbs to lose. I have however stopped exercising like I did before so I have started back with that hopefully that is what has caused me to slow with the lose.

Good luck on your journey finding out what may be causing your slowing weight loss.

tommiejean_27
on 2/25/09 9:45 pm - Sherwood, AR
How did the upper GI come out?  I am in the exact same boat as you!  I have 9.7 cc's in my band and I am not even sure I know what restriction feels like.  To top it off, my Dr. feels like its bc I am not doing what I need to.  I am so frustrated that I simply told them I would be back in 6 months for a follow up but I don't even know if I will.  This whole thing has become emotionally draining on me......I am just about to give up totally on my band!! 
Most Active