Share success stories for high BMI?

Robert P.
on 2/19/09 3:10 am - Pelham, AL
Anyone with BMI > 50 have success with the band?  How much lost and how long did it take?
Tom C.
on 2/19/09 3:15 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

My BMI was 55.8 a little more then a year ago. I lost about 140 pounds, and my BMI is now 37.6.

I have had fantastic result !! I recommend this to anyone.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
bubblesaz
on 2/19/09 3:59 am - Phoenix, AZ
I just found this site and am excited to be in touch with people who have already been down the weight loss path.  I went to my Pre-op class yesterday and started freaking out.  I don't know why I am nervous all of a sudden.  I know that I can't continue living healthy at my current weight.  I guess since I have tried everything else, and it didn't work, I am worried about failure.  Did you ever have a fear of failure?
(deactivated member)
on 2/19/09 9:05 am
My BMI just went below the "50+" mark for the first time in years.  I had tears in my eyes!
That took me 2 months.  Worth every second.  I have been through a lot with this band -
but I have never lost almost 30 pounds in my whole life!  I have a lot more to go - I love
my little band friend.
Tom C.
on 2/19/09 10:11 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
I live with the fear of failure every second. Not because of 'anything that is occuring' but because the results have been so fantastic, I am always waiting for "the other shoe to drop".

But I also embrace the fear - because I know it keeps me on the straight and narrow.

Finally, going threw WLS will be like a rollercoaster ride. You will have a lot of up and downs before your surgery, but in the end the ride you took will be work it.

Know you can always send me a Personal message if you have questions. I will try to answer them the best I can, but remember it will be from personal experience and not "professional advice". For that, I always suggest to speak to your Doctor.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
diane08
on 2/21/09 7:30 am
i had a bmi of 59... had my surgery dec 16,2008 lost 46lbs.. i exercise everyday..weight resist..3 days a week...i need to work on getting more protein in.. the doctor said it sounds like i dont need a fill im averaging 4 to 5 lbs a week.. i too also struggled on what surgery to have.. but im glad w/ my results..hope this helps
dancingbutterfly08
on 2/26/09 3:05 am - TX
I was just banded on 2/17/09 and my BMI is 65. I go tommorrow for 10 day check will see how much I have lost.
Good Luck!
Kelly
Most Active