Help Me Please

sharvey1963
on 2/17/09 9:00 pm - Borden, IN
Okay, I was Realized on June 30, 2008, and to date I have lost 57 lbs and 37 inches, but I have stalled and keep going back in forth between 204 and 206lbs. I am not losing any more.  Could someone tell me how many calories I should be having in a day and how many cabrs I should have. 

I have started exercising, I have been walking since day one, but I have come to a complete stop.  I have been drinking my water and making sure I get all my protein, Not sure what is going on.

Please help, I still have about 67 lbs to go.  I have come so far to have it all stop now.  Stressing really bad.

Can anyone help?
Susan
Realize Band ,1st fill 3cc - Aug 14, 08,2nd fill 1cc  - Oct 2, 08
3rd fill  2cc - Nov 13, 08,4th fill1cc - Jan 8, 09,5th fill 3/4 cc - March 26, 09

Vicky S.
on 2/18/09 2:22 am - Taunton, MA
Hi Susan,

I'm not sure how much help I'll be, but here goes.... I was REALZED on 9/15/08.  Have lost 55 lbs so far.  17 of it was pre-op.

I try to stay between 1000-1200 cal/day.  Many days I am closer to 1000.  I aim for a min of 60g of protein a day, but typically get about 80.  I definitely should eat more fruit and veggies, but I swear I am sensitive to carbs so I go light on even good carbs (I know I shouldn't, but I do).  I have totally cut out all breads, pasta, rice and other white carbs.  If... big IF... I have a tiny bite of cracker or toasted bread, I make sure that it is high protein/high fiber.

On your signature, it looks to me like you've only had 2 fills?  I just had my fourth fill and I was banded 2.5 months after you were.  Is there a reason your doc isn't giving you fills more often?  Mine has me come in every 4-5 weeks and we adjust accordingly.  Currently I am 6.5cc in my band.  Just had a 1cc fill on 2/13 and WOW has it made a HUGE difference.  Not too tight, but definitely restricted now.

I hope some of what I have said helps... and I wish you luck with getting off your plateau.  I haven't tried it but saw a plateau busters diet plan posted once, so I saved it in my profile.  Please feel free to check it out.  Maybe it will help.

Good luck!
Vicky

"You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be." ~ David Viscott   

Tom C.
on 2/18/09 3:52 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

Susan,

I am in the same boat - but I am not panicking  (yet ). I was banded on January 29, 2008 and lost 140 in about 10 months. Since November I haven’t lost a pound, and been yo-yoing with the same 5 pounds since. I am not too concerned for many reasons

(1) When you loose a lot of weight, in a short period of time, the body will eventually “catch on" to what is going on, and slow the pace down. It make take a little time for the body to “reset" itself, before you to begin to loose again. So be patient.

(2) I have had only 1 fill. I am going to have another fill in March, so I hope this will help. My Doctor believes a fill shouldn't occur until weight loss has stopped (or worst reversed). So for me it’s time. There will come a time when I can’t be filled any more - then what do I do? This teaches me.

(3) I am learning that “real (a.k.a. skinny) people" live like this all their lives. They go up a few pounds, and when they realize it’s enough of a weight gain, they reduce their intake (or increase their exercise) to loose weight. So I figure this is great practice for when I hit my goal

(4) This is a great learning experience for when I hit my goal. If I can’t do it now, what will I do when I get to my goal weight, and yo-yo. I need to have faith in the band - and most importantly IN MY SELF !!

(5) I need to be true to myself and ask “am I following my routine the way I did in the beginning". I can honestly answer NO. I have strayed a little, but not too crazy. So as of this week I am back 100% on track. Again, it’s a great learning experience.

(6) Plateaus are common - so when you least expect it - you’ll loose again.

I hope this helped. Since we are in the same boat, don’t hesitate to send me personal messages. Maybe we can help each other through this together !!

Good luck !! And remember, there is no time-line when we’re suppose to be skinny. We’ll get there !!

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active