What did it cost you $$$?

creativebond
on 2/13/09 10:10 pm - Havre de Grace, MD
I asked my surgical coordinator to let me know what a typical surgery costs since I am out of network - I need to cover 20% of the hospital and medical bill.  I think there is a cap at 2k, so I am assuming this will cost me 2k.

Anyone here use Horizon Blue Cross?

thank

KB
countesstabitha
on 2/15/09 9:07 am - Palm Harbor, FL

My plan is very similar to yours - almost identical to your explanation.

I paid 1985 to the hospital and 1k to my doctor (that was not covered by insurance.. some kind of admin fee)

Total out of pocket for the procedure was 3k (I had to pay another 15.00 to the surgeon herself) including the 1k not covered.. I met my max and have nothing more to pay for the rest of the year!

newcynthia2009
on 2/16/09 12:19 pm
I do not have your plan but my insurance has a 1K max out of pocket for the year.  thank goodness because so far the bills are over 30K.  I am sure the costs vary by state and provider.

I do have to pay $100 fee for fills not covered by insurance. I thought that was strange but better than the alternative.

sknd34
on 2/17/09 5:25 am - West Fargo, ND
My final bill was $1250. That was a $250 deductible and $1000 max copay for the year.
Tom C.
on 2/18/09 8:53 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
I am from NJ and used Horizon BCBS - PPO - and it didn't cost me a dime because both the Doctor and the Hospital was in the plan. Now each state, and each "coverage" is different.

I will be honest, the psych exam was out of pocket. I had to pay the co-pay for the nutritionist, and normal Doctor visits co-pay - so total out of pocket may be around $800.00 (give or take).  
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
tenache
on 2/26/09 11:10 am - Lawrenceville, GA
I have Empire BC/BS and I owed the hospital around about $1150 and they was having a promotionary period if I paid $778 they would write the rest off and I took advantage of that.I really can't remember about the surgeon but it wasn't more than $200.
  [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wQMi0mQ/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wQMi0mQ/weight.png[/img]
[/url]

Most Active