anyone else not see their surgeon when getting banded?

countesstabitha
on 2/12/09 6:34 am - Palm Harbor, FL
The whole time I was in the hospital (I stayed overnight.. ) and even after, she never visited my husband. She just called him a while after I was out to say I was ok.

It was almost like she wasn't even there. I had to ask my anestesiologist (who spent a lot of time with me before and some after) if she was there, he confirmed it..

Could this be just her bedside manner? I'm kind of feeling weird about that.
Ashley A.
on 2/12/09 12:49 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 06/27/12
I saw my surgeon about 10 minutes before going under and that was it. She didn't come see me afterwards while I was in my room and she didn't call. I actually had to call to setup my post op appt the day I got home from the hospital. She did go out and tell my mom and sister that the surgery went well so I was happy enough with that. I know she is busy so I didn't really expect her to come by and check on me. I was very well taken care of so thats all I cared about at the time.

Realize Band-12.1.08 Revision to VSG-6.27.12

countesstabitha
on 2/12/09 1:07 pm - Palm Harbor, FL
I just guess I felt upset because I've only seen this woman 2 times ever - totalling maybe an hour? All the other surgeons had more cases on Wed - and made time to go see the family or patients.. but mine only had 2 to do that day.. not significantly busy, I was the 2nd one to go.. I kind of expected her to at least try to do something nice like physically tell my husband I'm ok. I mean - considering they are charging my insurance an arm and a leg, you'd think I could at least get that? 

23k from the hospital + 16k for the surgeon (minimum, possibly even more!!!!) = 37k.. you'd think that with cash patients getting it done for like 14/15k.. this could be done cheaper.. but nope, not according to my surgeon. :/
Jessica H.
on 2/15/09 10:13 am
I saw my doctor before and after, called him on his cell a few days later with a question and he was in surgery... he talked to me on speaker.  My mom even commented on how he kept her up to date during and in recovery.  Maybe your doctor is super busy... I know that's no excuse.  I believe that wls has picked up alot, there is an hour or more wait for my doctor appointments.

newcynthia2009
on 2/16/09 12:31 pm

Most of the time I see my surgeons asst. for office visits/fills but I did see him right before surgery and the next morning before I was released from the hospital.

I do not mind seeing his asst for the fills and stuff she is very knowlegable and  very nice. I know that if there were any issues I would see the surgeon.

I think that if you felt uncomfortable with what happened you should talk to her about it, I am sure there was a reason.
Serenty
on 2/18/09 5:17 am - GA
We are blessed with our surgeon. Saw him before and after surgery and then for discharge...once every month for support group and every visit to his office he is there to greet us. He is very available and we appreciate him.
Thank you Dr. Blaney
Serenty
peachwood
on 3/5/09 3:06 am - Milltown, NJ
I feel the way you do.  I saw my surgeon for my initial visit and then about 5 minutes before surgery and that was it. He did call my husband after surgery but he was unreachable.  He did a great job and that is what matters most.  No pain, no gas, no nausea  (that is the anestesiologist job).  I did see him for my first followup and got to spend 10 minutes with him and he was very nice and attentive to my questions.  Since this is a long term relationship, I may feel more positive in time.
Most Active