Still no weight loss

hart1222
on 2/12/09 1:02 am
I have had 2 fills and still have not lost the weight I was expecting.   I have 6ccs in my band and still cannot feel the restriction.  I can no longer eat rice but thats about it.  I go back the 16th of this month to hopefullly get me where I want to be.  Does anyone feel this way or had problems losing weight? its been 2 1/2 months and i have only lost 15 lbs.
pitablond
on 2/12/09 3:07 am - Harrisburg, PA
I could be wrong but 15lbs seems right on target.  The band gives an average loss of 1-2lbs a week.  Your doing great!

~*Ashley*~ Highest weight: 330ish   Current weight: 198

wish_43
on 2/12/09 3:38 am
i am 6 months out with 5cc and I have only lost 17 lbs and still not really feeling restriction. It is very discouraging plus I am working out every day for the last month. I go back on the 18th and hope that I will start losing weight after that fill.

crystalglass_33
on 2/12/09 4:25 am - Waterloo, IL
I feel you, all of you. I am 5 months post-op and have only lost 30 lbs. I have 6 cc's in my band as of yesterday and I still have no restriction. I just spoke w/ another realize band patient and we have the same doctor. She went in and asked about the weight loss and the lack of restriction and he told her he's noticing quite a trend with realize banders seeing slow weight loss and needing more fills to have restriction, compared to the lap band. I am now seriously doubting my decision to get the realize band... I wish I could switch, but I'm not going through that again. It might take a 5th or 6th or even 7th fill for me to start feeling something so I'm just going to continue to eat right and exercise and that's all any of us can really do. Good luck to you all
Greg M.
on 2/15/09 12:12 am - Cincinnati, OH
Try not to be discouraged.  I had too much restriction with just my second fill, 5cc in a 9cc Realize.  Believe me you don't want to be too tight.  I believe that you should be open to the notion of a more subtle restriction, not one that hits you in the face or gut as it may be.  You must follow the rules!  Good luck and try to get a different outlook.  Just think with only losing 1 pound per week that's over 50 lbs in a year.  And that is permanent.  Remember, band people are still losing up to three years post op.

Lapband 12/11/08 - Slip 6/16/09 - 2nd Slip & Removal 8/3/09...Sleeve 12/22/11

tenache
on 2/26/09 11:15 am - Lawrenceville, GA

Don't be discourage I have had my second fill I already need another. I don't think that I was filled properly on the last one because the next two days I was back hungry.Also my wt has stall I can't get out of the 180es for nothing. Staying around 183-182 but my next fill is on the 10th.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wQMi0mQ/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wQMi0mQ/weight.png[/img]
[/url]

Most Active