Was the realize band right for me

claravonder
on 2/12/09 12:24 am - Rockvale, TN
I had me surgery on January 7th and have lost about 25 lbs. I lost most of the weight before surgery on the liquid diet. Will this get better? I have not had a fill yet and often do not feel restricted. I only eat what I was told to eat. Will I start to loss more weight or will this be a long drawn out process. I'm about to get discouraged and wonder if maybe I should have had the gastric bypass. If someone could please give me some advice or encouragement I would appreciate it. Thanks for you time!
wildheart63
on 2/12/09 3:39 am - IL
ok so i am 5 months out and have lost 17 lbs i am ok with this because i am not at my sweet spot yet,i have 7cc in the 9cc  band and i go back on 3/10/09 for an adjustment . you are so new at this, if you wanted faster weightloss yes you should have gone for the rny but if you chose the band there was a reason for your choice,you need to give your body a chance to heal,give your body a chance to adjust to the new band and take this time to learn how to eat right. stop second guessing yourself and start preparing yourself for a great ride...it will take time to get the restriction you need but it will come.
lori

Robert P.
on 2/12/09 3:50 am - Pelham, AL
You won't see any real weight loss until you have 2 or 3 fills to get you proper restriction.  The surgeons should do a better job telling folks that.  Are you eating carbs?  Are you getting in plenty of protein?
claravonder
on 2/12/09 4:38 am - Rockvale, TN
No I'm not eating carbs. I was told that I could not have carbs until after 1 year. I'm only eating 4 oz of protein at lunch and dinner. Breakfast I usually have 2 eggs or 1/2 cup of egg beaters. I was having 3 oz of protein but I was getting hungry in between meals so the dietician told me to have 4 oz. I'm not to eat between meals unless I really have to then it is only string cheese or a slice of deli meat.
wildheart63
on 2/12/09 5:50 am - IL
YOU CAN DO THIS JUST TAKE ONE DAY AT A TIME!
LORI

countesstabitha
on 2/15/09 9:13 pm - Palm Harbor, FL
Take a deep breath and relax. How were you doing on pureed foods? Were you loosing there? Have you tried changing out a meal for a protein shake until you get a fill? Are you getting enough fluids? 64 oz is my goal every day! Help your body flush the fat!

I was not told that I could not have carbs, just limit it. And on the Realize website, it says to have some carbs. I know I just had surgery - but in less than a week, I'm down 10 lbs.. just keep chugging along and stay positive. Give your body a chance, you can do this!
Most Active