pain , oh the pain

janice A.
on 2/11/09 11:16 am - san angelo, TX
I had my surgery today,the techs kept saying how well i was doing the surgery went very well. I am in deep pain. The pain so far is not in my upper back nor is the pain on my tummy "That" bad. What is killing me is my lower back after laying and sitting so much at the hospital.. normaly i cannot sit or sleep too long for that very reason. I am taking the Tylenol w/ codine but as soon as it wearsoff it becomes unbearable, i am also using a heating pad.. and trying to walk about. Any suggestions?  As for the gas pain, still nothing but i hear it hits about the 2nd or 3rd day.. is this true?

long term

SW 303/ lapband/ 244 /335 pre-op/ revision 4/11

bornagain3
on 2/11/09 11:49 am - Scottsville, VA
Hi there.

I stayed overnight at the hospital and was very glad I did.  I did a LOT of walking that night.  Just keep drinking water and walking and keep the heat pad handy.  Did they not give you any pain meds other than Tylenol with codine???

Jeane
janice A.
on 2/11/09 11:54 am - san angelo, TX
Unfortunately I am allergic to most pain meds that was the only one they could give me.  Thanks for your reply reminds me that  I am not alone out here :) 

long term

crystalglass_33
on 2/12/09 4:38 am - Waterloo, IL
I had really bad pain for 4 or 5 days but it was mostly gas pain. I can offer you the hope that this will end and you will feel normal again. I wished afterwards that I would have never had this stupid surgery and now I know it was the right thing to do, and you will know too. Keep going and don't give up , ever : )
janice A.
on 2/12/09 10:01 am - san angelo, TX
Thanks for the encouragement.. Today i am experiencing shortness of breath guess if it dosnt get better I will call the clinic cuz this just isnt good. I have asthma but this that i am feeling is not asthma.. did you experience any shortness of breath ? 

long term

Most Active