Anyone feel different after the 4th fill?

crystalglass_33
on 2/11/09 2:29 am, edited 2/11/09 3:05 am - Waterloo, IL
I have about 5 cc's in there and tonight I'm getting my 4th fill which I've heard from someone really helps. She said she thought there was something wrong and barely had any restriction at all until her 4th and I hope this is true for me too... I've only lost 30 lbs and it's been almost 5 months. I'm getting very discouraged... : (
tbines401
on 2/11/09 3:19 am - Columbia, SC
I am not sure because I got my second fill and I am at 7cc's and I still have no restriction its rough. I am losing because I work out 7 days a week for 1 and a half hours a day so I am really hitting it hard that way but I am so hungry most of the time. We are all different so lets hope this does it for you.
crystalglass_33
on 2/11/09 3:33 am - Waterloo, IL
Thanks for the info! I have seen a lot of people say they have way more than me in their band and have had their surgery way after me... I wonder if that is part of my problem... I'm hoping he gives me something to really be excited about, like 2 cc's or something... if he keeps giving me 1 cc I might not really feel any different until my 6th or 7th fill... so depressing...
bornagain3
on 2/11/09 11:52 am - Scottsville, VA
I am having some restriction with 3 fills and since I have productive burping pretty often, I don't imagine I will be getting a fourth fill very soon.  I have also only lost 30 pounds since Sept. 29th but I am trying not to get discouraged.  At least I am not gaining it all back! 

Hope the 4th fill does the trick for you.

Jeane 
wannababy
on 2/11/09 9:45 pm, edited 2/11/09 9:58 pm - St. Louis, MO

I am wondering how your fill went last night... I hope he put a good level in for you... I am going to type quite a bit, so sorry if you didn't want ALL this info... :) 

As you can probably tell, Dr. Wagner is my Dr too. I had surgery 9/18/08. My fills were 2.0 @ 5 weeks post op, 1.6 2nd month, 1.6 3rd month, and just had another .6 put in on Tuesday, so I am now at 5.8. Last month (3rd month), I went into to Dr Wagner's office very upset and frustrated with the band... I hadn't even felt the band at all for many many many weeks at that point...so I wanted to make sure he wasn't just going to put another 1 cc in and I be frustrated for another month or two...so he was reluctant, but he ended up putting the 1.6 in...and I definetly felt my band from that point forward!! After I was done with the post fill diet, I could eat about 1 cup max and felt very full for 4 hours or so afterwards, so a great level really. About 2 1/2 weeks from that fill, it started to taper off a bit again....but still was able to have some restriction, I had to watch what I was eating, how I was chewing, swallowing, etc...  I went in Tuesday and he put another .6 in and I am still on my liquids now, so it is hard to tell for sure...but I am pretty sure I am feeling quite a bit of restriction again.

I have noticed it really depends on what you eat, how you eat, the order you eat in...all those factors do have a part in how much restriction you will feel too. If you truly eat the protein first then other stuff, it does seem to fill you up a bit faster and you feel more restriction. Dr. W's office did tell me that have been seeing the trend that it is taking longer for Realize band patients to see restriciton compared to the Lapband...although that can be frustrating at the beginning...once we get restriction, hopefully everything else will be great. I have had several occasions where I started sliming, but with time, I have began to figure out how/what to do things differently to prevent that from happening...

Anyways, good luck to you.... I am hoping you will post about your appointment yesterday, I am curious to see how it went for you...

Highest: 338/Surgery Day: 303/Current: 270/Goal: 180
crystalglass_33
on 2/12/09 3:57 am, edited 2/12/09 5:41 am - Waterloo, IL
Thank you SO much for this info! I went in last night and I had GAINED 1 pound. I was so upset. I told him I didn't think I had nearly enough saline in and I wanted atleast 1 cc. He gave me one and now I have what he called 5.6 in there. Ther eis actually 6 but there's that .5 cc of dead space or whatever. I hate the realize band. I wish I would ahve gotten the lap band... I'm hoping it gets better and I might need all 9 cc's to feel restriction, but we'll see... That's so neat that we had the same doctor. I tried to add you as my friend but it won't let me click on your name...

ShweetWahine
on 2/16/09 12:08 pm
I have had 4 fills as well.
1. 4cc
2. 6cc
3. 7cc
4. 8cc

Now on my first two i felt like barely any restrcition. the 3rd one to 7 ccs was where i actually lost weight! I lost same amount of weight in the 3 weeks between 3rd and 4th fill as i did in the first 1.5 months. Now i am at 8ccs and have been eating like a pig! However I notice more things are getting stuck.

I know like another person wrote, it depends on what foods you eat. I so believe that too as I am a huge eater! I eat very large portions, and with the band my mind doesnt get that i cant eat those large portions anymore. Some foods really fill me up fast, others dont. BUT almost all foods do keep me feeling full for 4 or more hours. My issue is stopping at 20min and not thinking i need to eat my entire meal!

Dont regret the band, I did between my 2nd and 3rd fill but then came to REALIZE the band really is cool. I think we are just in such a hurry to lose and weight loss is a life long challenge so 12-18months is really not a long time!
Most Active