Calling All REALIZE Bandsters with Restriction

halfcup
on 2/9/09 7:57 pm

I saw the recent post on restriction.  I am 4 months out with 6 cc's, down 40 pounds.  Sometimes I feel restriction, but get really hungry and have to be very careful what I eat.  I track everything on Daily Plate and stay at about 1,000 calories a day.

My Question:  how many cc's got you to your "sweet spot"???? 

Barb

tbines401
on 2/10/09 12:49 am - Columbia, SC
I have asked the same question and the answers I get is it depend on the size of your band and your body make up because we are all different. I have lost 20 pounds and I am 2 months out and I am at 7cc's in a 9cc band and I have no restriction. I work out every day and this is how I manage to lose weight and I try to be careful what I eat but it's hard. I need to start tracking on daily plate maybe that will help me. I am hoping that when I go on Feb 25 I get a fill that will get my sweet spot I need it so bad.
halfcup
on 2/10/09 1:29 am
Thanks for the reply.  I can't believe you are only 2 months out and already have 7 cc's?  That is alot for only 2 months. Did they put some in at surgery?  I am sorry that you are not feeling restriction either.  I feel it, right after my fill, and from time to time, but not the way I feel that I should.  I can eat anything, pretty much.  I also work out alot, at least 5 days a week and ski as well, so that is what I account most of my weight loss to as well.  I know that we have to still be very careful what we eat, eat the right foods, don't drink before or after meals, etc.  I have been following all of those rules, but I am just wondering when I will get true restriction. 
phfauche
on 2/10/09 11:30 pm - Columbus, OH
Hi Barb,

My Realize band was placed in April, 2008.  I've got 7.6cc/9cc in my band and still have not reached my sweet spot.  I do have restriction, when I eat too fast or take too big of a bite it does get stuck but I'm not at the point where I feel full after eating 1/2 cup.  It is getting there.  Hopefully my next fill will do it.  I've said that for the last 4 fills, it feels so close.  I have lost a couple of pounds this past month though, so that's a plus. 

But like they say everyone is different.  I don't exercise very often, it's hard for me (I've got asthma) so I've only lost 30 lbs.

I wish you luck with your band and hope you reach your sweet spot sooner than me.

Hugs,   Peggy 

carolw1229
on 2/11/09 1:11 am
VSG on 10/18/17
My surgery was 12-10 and I have had one fill with 4cc. My next fill is next week. I have some, but not much restriction. I certailnly cannot eat as much as I used to before surgery.  I have lost 20 pounds in 2 months and I am happy with that. I have lost mostly from following the band rules and eating really healthy. I do get hungry so I am hoping my next fill will help with that. I am not sure what my doc will do with the fill. I will have to wait and see what he says.
Carol
Betsy1
on 2/15/09 3:06 am - NY
HI Barb!  I was banded (Realize) in April of 08'  I probably hit my sweet spot at about 8cc's.  Im at 9 now because i was stuck for a bit there...and im well on the 9.  Its kinda slowing down...but its my fault at this point...i gotta stay away from the mashed potatoes (really really mashed) . 

hugs
Betsy

Nothing Tastes as good as being thin feels!!
Highest/ Current
335          185

Greg M.
on 2/16/09 2:57 am - Cincinnati, OH
Barb:
I have a 9cc band.  Got 3cc on my first fill and 2cc on the second.  I was okay for a week and then it got too tight.  I was miserable.  Currently, I'm unfilled but still sore.  Now I know the restriction you should look for is more subtle.  Look for the small, early signs of being full.  Believe me, you don't want to get into the emergency unfill position...it's extremely painful.  Look for the gentle breeze not the tornado.  Good luck!  Greg

Lapband 12/11/08 - Slip 6/16/09 - 2nd Slip & Removal 8/3/09...Sleeve 12/22/11

halfcup
on 2/16/09 3:03 am
Thanks for the advice Greg! 

Wow 5 cc's for you pretty quick!

I never documented my fills, but I know that I waited 6 weeks for my first, and they are pretty much 6 weeks apart.  I now have 6cc in a 9cc REALIZE band and I know that I need a bit more to hopefully get me at that sweet spot we all aim for.

Too bad you had to get unfilled so soon.  I hope that you are feeling better .  Looks like you are getting some results!  Keep up the great work.

Barb
Most Active