pain around port area

jarnut4
on 2/8/09 10:48 am
I had surgery on 2/5/09 and the only pain I am having is around the port area.  Is it normal?

First adjustment 3/9/09
Second adjustment 4/08/09
tbines401
on 2/8/09 9:00 pm - Columbia, SC
If its sore pain like nothing that hurts really bad then I had that pain, but you still need to call your doctor and speak to a nurse and let her know what is hurting because we all have different bodies and it could just be apart of the process or it could be ? so it won't hurt to give your doctors office a call and let them know what is going on with you.
wildheart63
on 2/9/09 4:01 am - IL
THAT IS THE ONLY SORENESS I HAD ALSO....IT IS A GIVEN THAT THE LARGEST INCISION IS GOING TO BE THE MOST PAINFULL...IT DOES GO AWAY .....BUT  CAN BE TENDER AT TIMES....WELCOME TO THE BAND!
LORI

jarnut4
on 2/9/09 5:38 am
Thanks for the responses.  I did call my doctor this morning and was told this is normal for some people.  I think I am sleeping on my left side because it wakes me up but the pain meds are helping.

First adjustment 3/9/09
Second adjustment 4/08/09
stiletto6507
on 2/10/09 11:02 am
ha! i had my surgery 11/03, my port area STILL hurts, talked to the docm he blew it off.  i have been doing alot of ab work at the gym and he said it is just sore.

Most Active