Questions @ Lap-band

motherpagel
on 2/7/09 12:19 am
The short version of my story is I had surgery this past June.  I lost 40 pounds ( pre-op and band loss)  I never felt restriction unitl last week.  I haven't had a fill since late November.  I actually got something stuck and had  to throw up.  I've been nervous ever since and really made sure to chew to mush all my food.  Does this sound normal to have issues 2 months after a fill?
carolw1229
on 2/7/09 9:48 am
VSG on 10/18/17
Seems like anything is possible with gastric banding. It really depends on the type of food that got stuck. Some foods are easier to eat than others and some are just not band friendly at all! I would review what you ate that might have caused the problems. Also, always check with your doctor.
Tom C.
on 2/9/09 2:26 am, edited 2/9/09 2:27 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Before you panic, ask yourself these questions:

Was I eating too fast? - If you were, this can cause a "stuck" incident.

Was the size of the food bigger then usual? - If it was, this can cause a "stuck" incident.

Was the amount of food bigger then usual? - If it was, this can cause a "stuck" incident.

Did I chew the food well enough? - If you didn't, this can cause a "stuck" incident.

Was the food moist enough? - If it wasn't, this can cause a "stuck" incident.

if it was a one time thing, then I wouldn't be too concern. If you notice EVERYTHING (or most things) are causing you problems, then you may have an issue.

If you want some piece of mind, contact your Doctor's office. That's why they are there.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active