Question and help needed..

Julie_L
on 2/9/09 2:06 pm
I do not have sleep apnea but my mother did and she had the surgery.  I forget what the machine is called that people sleep with but I am pretty sure that you just need to make sure if you sleep with one that you bring it with you, your doctor will tell you that though.  ALOT of overweight people have sleep apnea. 
I haven't been through the surgery but I would be more than happy to talk to you and answer ANY questions you might have.  I don't claim to be an expert, if I don't know the answer we will figure it out together.  I have been reading and studying banding off and on since 2003 when my mom decided to get it and then when I first considered it. 
Just send me a message    
***warning keep sending it until I respond since others have told me they had to send messages 4 times before I got them*** (VERY ANNOYING)
Keep looking into doctors and keep reading, you'll be surprised how much you'll learn.
Good Luck,
Julie

What would you attempt,if you knew you could not fail?

ads2e
on 3/14/09 6:15 am - Washington, DC
As others have said, your nutritionist is very misinformed. 

I recommend getting a copy of "Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies."  It has a lot of information about all the surgeries, including information about how the surgeries are performed and life changes after the surgery.  (I think you can get the book through Amazon.com for about $12-15.)  I found it was incredibly helpful and the information was accurate.  It was great to have the information all in one spot instead of trying to look everywhere for it.  So, it's a good jumping off point for your research.  
Good luck making your decision!
Most Active