Question and help needed..

julie16
on 2/6/09 5:44 am - crofton, MD
Hello thanks for your info. I still am thinking of looking into lap band. There are just so many questions and worries. I hope I can make a good choice and can lose t his weight. If you have any other info please pass it my way...

Julie
pls
on 2/8/09 12:21 am
REALIZE Band on 02/09/09 with
I am having surgery tomorrow!  I have not totally decided on the lapband or realize band.  Julie, you have done so well!  Was there a reason why you cholse the realize band?

scorpiokutie
on 2/6/09 3:11 am - Baltimore, MD
Hi Julie,

I responded to the PM that you sent me yesterday. But I think that you need to find another nutritionist. It seems like she has her information backwards. Another suggestion is for you to check out the Maryland Board. There are many people on there that can tell you their personal experiences with the surgeon's here in MD.

Tiffany

julie16
on 2/6/09 5:39 am - crofton, MD
Hello Thanks I have been on the Maryland WLS board. Do they have a Maryland board for just lap band? I hope I didnt bother you by asking for info. I hope things go well for you and I will keep trying to find out more info. If you dont mind please let me know how things go for your surgery.. Good luck..

Julie
scorpiokutie
on 2/6/09 7:25 am - Baltimore, MD
It's no bother at all. They do not have a MD board just for lapband, but there are a few bandsters on that board. I will keep you posted on experience with Dr. Schweitzer and my progress after my surgery next week. Thank you very much for your support.

Tiffany

NaughtyZute
on 2/6/09 11:57 am - Climax, MI
Good luck!

If you don't like your life, change the way you're living

merryterry
on 2/6/09 11:12 am - AZ
When you get info on gastric banding, give it to your current nutrionist and never go back to that person. Gastric banding (Realize or Lapband) is the best way to go for nutrition. A) after the first few weeks you can eat ANYTHING. A lot of things aren't good choices, of course, but those are the things folks serious about weight loss avoid anyway. B) if you take a multivitamin and calcium supplements as directed, you won't have a problem with malnutrition unless you don't eat enough protein.
Research, research, research! Get the facts. People who are educated about their have better success than those *****ly on just what their doctor or other people say. It's your health, it's your life. Drive as far as you have to get the best surgeon possible. The best surgeon's are board certified, they specialize in bariatric surgery, have support programs for pre and post op patients, they have comprehensive education programs and a team of professionals like nutritionists, psychologists and exercise physiologists available.

I'm going to print up some info about gastric banding and give it to my trainer at the gym I just joined. She doesn't seem to know much about it.

BTW, I had surgery on 12/10/08 and I have lost 34 pounds since then. I'm not perfect with my eating, but I'm definitely not over eating. I feel great, I have more confidence even though I have a long way to go and I love getting compilments on my progress. My weight has been steady and I am pleased. That 34 lbs. doesn't include the 10lbs of hospital fluid they put in me when I was there for surgery.

Arm yourself with information and make the best choice for you. There are pluses and minuses to all options but you're the one who had to live with it. Best wishes and blessings to you!

Less is More

Julie_L
on 2/7/09 10:37 am
Julie,
First of all GREAT name
Second I am going with a surgeon in Hagerstown Maryland.  The practice also has offices in PA, they are very expirienced and are WONDERFUL to work with.  The two main doctors are Scot Currie and Dr. DiMarco they are at the Robinwood Medical Center at the Weight Loss Clinic.  It's not as far from Baltimore as you might think, I work in Hagerstown and a lot of people there drive in from Baltimore everyday.  Realize and Lap Band both have websites that will help you find a Doc in your area.
Wherever you go good luck (and find a new nutritionist becasue yours is sadly mistaken)
Let me know if I can help,
Julie

What would you attempt,if you knew you could not fail?

julie16
on 2/8/09 12:31 am - crofton, MD
Hello Julie yea great name. I would love to hear more about your procedure. How long did you think about doing this? I weigh 310 and I am so tired of every doc blaming all my health problems on weight. I am trying not to eat sugar or breads, pastas. Man this is so hard.. I am looking into docs and reallly would love to hear others experinces. I have sleep apnea and have heard you cant do the surgery if you have that. I guess I will look into that too. If you can tell me any bits of info I would love it.. Good luck and I wish you a good weight loss..

Julie
julie16
on 2/8/09 12:35 am - crofton, MD
Julie I am sorry I thought you had been banded already... Anyway do you have a date? I would still like to hear about your experinces..Sorry..

Julie
Most Active