Anyone have more than 8ccs in their 10 cc band?

aphephobicfriend
on 2/3/09 7:16 am - Ocala, FL

I was banded on October 31st and have yet to experience any restriction. This last time my doctor put between 8-9.5 ccs in my band and he was so worried that I wouldn't be able to swallow my own spit. well, guess what? I can still eat everything as normal. He said it could be a leak, a slip, or just not tight enough, but I guess I would feel better knowing that there are other people out there that have a lot of saline in their bands as well. Could I really just need more to feel any restriction? If anyone knows of people that are in similar cir****tances, please let me know

thanks
Ann

RackeSRN
on 2/3/09 8:02 am - Florence, KY
YEP!  I have 8.2cc in my band.  Are you still losing weight?   Do you ever get any throat restriction if you swallow too fast???
aphephobicfriend
on 2/3/09 11:02 am - Ocala, FL
I'm only losing weight because I'm calorie counting and exercising at least 4x/week. When I stopped doing that I gained 7 lbs in about 2 weeks. I used to get throat restriction sometimes on the first bite, or if I ate something really dry, but its been a couple of weeks since I had that. It's good to know that you have 8.2 though- are you restricted with that?
As someone told me lately, everyone deserves the chance to fly!
carolw1229
on 2/5/09 1:58 am
VSG on 10/18/17
My doctor said the Realize Band ( not the new Realize-C) only holds 9cc. I have 4cc from my first fill. I have some restriction and go for a second fill this month. My doc likes to get his patients to 6cc soon after surgery.
wildheart63
on 2/5/09 2:47 am - IL
I HAVE 7CC IN MY 9CC BAND AND I HAVE SOME RESTRICTION BUT I NEED A TWEEK TO GET TO MY SWEET SPOT. EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT.
LORI

aphephobicfriend
on 2/5/09 4:30 am - Ocala, FL
thanks for the info, y'all. I'm trying not to be too nervous about it, but I guess I'm worried that it slipped or something is wrong. I have another appt in like 2 weeks, so we'll see then
ssassy480
on 2/5/09 8:49 am - VA
 I am the same.   What is up with this????   I had my operation Oct.3rd, had two fills and have close to 8cc in my band.  I can eat anything and no restriction???  I often wonder if I have a leak, I am only told to get another fill .  If after this next fill I still have the same i will insist some more detail exploration.  Perhaps there are more of us out there and this is all it is for some of us....  I will stay tuned to see if we are the only two out there.  Keep me posted as I will you.  If we do have an issue after our next fill , let''s find out our options.....   We need to make sure we have what we paid for and to make sure it works properly.  I to have to eat very little and exercise to maintain or loose only a couple of pounds in a couple of weeks.  I have done extremely well but I have cut back so much to do so.  Thanks for your post, we will narrow this down one way or another.
speck
on 2/5/09 11:34 pm
I feel the same way.

I go for my 4th fill Tuesday. 

Right now I have 7cc's and I can eat anything. (but don't) I don't feel any restriction except for that time of month.

Sandra
aphephobicfriend
on 2/6/09 3:12 am - Ocala, FL
yeah, I feel ya on getting a ton of fills- my surgeon went realy slow at first, and when I still had no restriction he finally started being slightly more agressive about it. I was looking at your Weight loss ticker- congrats! you have lost a lot of weight for not having any restrction. Hope it catches up to you soon.

Ann
tommiejean_27
on 2/12/09 3:38 am - Sherwood, AR
Right here!!!  I have 9.7 cc's in my band.  I can eat anything still but now I can at least tell I have a band in there!!!  I hope this gets the ball really rolling!!!
Most Active