Combine Realize and Lap Band forums

carolw1229
on 2/2/09 5:53 am
VSG on 10/18/17
What do you think of the idea of requesting that OH combine the two band forums (Realize Band and Lap Band ) into one forum on Gastic Banding? It seems that the other forums are all about the type of  WL surgery, but these two are named after the bands themselves and not the surgery. Having two forums about the same surgery does not seem like the best way for members to best use this site. Any ideas on how we can go about requesting this? Below is a message I sent to OH via member services:

I would like OH to consider combining the Lap Band and Realize Band forums into one called Gastric Banding. The Realize forum is lacking in participation. I am a Realize Band patient, but I do most of my posting on the Lap Band site as do many others. The surgeries, diet, after care, nutritional requirements and new lifestyle changes are identical for both bands. The forum should be about the type of surgery, not the manufacturer of the weight loss implant. Please forward this email on to the person(s) responsible for this set up so that this request can be considered. I think the response by users would be very positive.
Melanie C.
on 2/2/09 6:48 am - Inverness, FL
I agree... I come on here to get ideas and see how other people are doing and dealing with the changes...but I started going to the Lapband forum the other day and I really enjoy it... I think they should put them together...
jimslim
on 2/2/09 9:32 am
I agree too.  I'm having a Realize band on 3/24/09 but I've been flipping back and forth to get ideas and information.  I agree with Carolw that everything is the same surgery and post-surgery.  I vote to combine the band forums.
bornagain3
on 2/3/09 9:33 am - Scottsville, VA
I also think it would be fine to combine the forums.

Jeane
Mary B.
on 2/4/09 2:59 am - Southern, MD
I think thats a great idea. Im not sure which band I am getting yet, I just visit the Lap Band side because they seem to post more.
    Banded Feb 23, 2009 / Revision to RNY Aug 25, 2010

susann64
on 2/5/09 4:08 am - just south of cincinnati oh, KY
Great idea

TeddyTexas
on 2/6/09 12:59 am - Fort Worth (near Keller/Watauga), TX
I don't think that they will do this, even though the idea makes sense as to merging them due to the fact that they are both Adjustable Gastric Bands (AGB).

I believe that advertising is the reason they won't ever be merged. Both of these band forums have their logos prominently displayed. I can't see them agreeing to allow both of their logos to be displayed on the same forum page.

But, here is an idea that might help a little. Have you ever noticed that when you are at the Realize Band forum page that on the links to the right of each page has the bottom link as "Visit the Lap-Band Forum!"? But, if you go to the Lap-Band forum page there is no link to "Visit the Realize Band Forum!" Perhaps someone should suggest that such a link be added to the Lap-Band Forum page.

I agree that I get most of my information from the Lap-Band page and that there sure isn't much activity on the Realize Band forum. I would be interested in hearing other ideas/suggestions of how to increase traffic to the Realize Band forum.

Most Active