discouraged

lillybell68
on 2/1/09 11:33 am
I was banded on January 6th. I've had  one fill and am still on full liquid diet.  I've been hungry and have cheated a few time.  I didn't really feel any discomfort from the food I ate.  I'm feeling dicouraged that the band isn't going to work for me. They said I wouldn't feel any real constriction until I was on a regular diet, but  I can't imagine feeling any constriction when I'm able to eat pretty much anything now.  I feel like I am going to fail on this diet and that the band isn't going to help me.

Liza
Brittnie S.
on 2/1/09 11:45 am - NV
I haven't gotten my band yet but from what I have learned from research you may not be at your "sweet spot" until you get a couple fills. This is when you will feel the most restriction and will really start to lose. You will still lose weight with this fill and DO NOT give up. You haven't had it very long and it takes time to lose the weight. It is not as fast as the RNY so just give it time! I know you will do great

wildheart63
on 2/2/09 3:21 am - IL
LIZA,
YOU ARE STILL IN THE HONEYMOON STAGE, ONE FILL IS NOT GOING TO DO ANYTHING, I HAVE HAD 3 FILLS 7CC TOTAL.I NEED A TWEEK TO GET TO THE SWEET SPOT, I CAN STILL EAT MOST ANYTHING, THIS IS THE TIME WHEN YOU NEED TO DIET, I KNOW I SAID THE BAD WORD! BUT THAT IS WHAT BANDSTER HELL IS.STICK TO THE RULES AND YOU SHOULD BE FINE, IT TAKES TIME, IT IS NOT AN OVERNIGHT THING.
GOOD LUCK!
LORI

carolw1229
on 2/2/09 5:21 am
VSG on 10/18/17
I was banded on 12-10 and I have had one fill of 4cc. I have stuck to the diet and the rules even though I don't have a lot of restriction yet. I am happy with the weight loss so far. My next fill is mid February, but I am feeling full sooner so the band and first fill must be doing something. I also have not eaten any bread, pasta, rice or red meat since surgery. Fish is band friendly and great for weight loss. I think we have to work harder at making the band work. Without our good choices the band  cannot do the work for us. Good luck to you.
bornagain3
on 2/3/09 9:37 am - Scottsville, VA
Don't get discouraged Liza.

It took 3 fills before I really felt restriction and there are some days I still don't.  Alot of it is really up to us as to how successful this will be.  I too hoped it would do a magic trick and let me eat the way I always used to eat with no problems.  But that just ain't so.  I'm just not supposed to eat that old way anymore unless I want to gain back the 29 pounds I have lost.

Hang in there.

Jeane 
Most Active