I'm a little weirded out

aphephobicfriend
on 1/29/09 6:35 am - Ocala, FL
So, today I went in for my 4th band fill. I have yet to feel any restriction whatsoever. I went in there with 5.5 CCs and he gave me 1 cc then had me gulp water. when I didn't feel anything he gave me another 0.5 ccs.  Gulp. Nothing. So he pulled out all the liquid and then put in (in his words) "almost closed". When he put it back in I could feel it get a little tighter in the last cc, and I told him. Gulp. Nothing. This made me nervous that something was wrong with me or my band, and seemed to perplex him, but he took out a cc and told me that was more than he's ever given anyone, and to please call immediately if I couldn't tolerate liquids. And then I drank another glass of water.

Now I'm home, and I was really really hungry, so I ate some V8 Corn Chowder. I went really slow but it ended up being fine and now, after 2 cups of it, I feel full. If I really have 9 or 9.5 ccs in my band, how am I feeling no restriction? That is so weird. I can't wait till I can try solid foods in a couple of days- maybe I will have better luck with them, but gosh- this is crazy.

I read on my book about band slips and I've never had any of those symptoms (never had pain, never thrown up, no heartburn) and my doctor is a great surgeon, I know that- so what the heck is the deal? 
As someone told me lately, everyone deserves the chance to fly!
phfauche
on 1/31/09 12:03 am - Columbus, OH
You don't feel any restriction?  Right now I have 7.6/9cc in my band and even though I'm not quite at my sweet spot I do have restriction.  If I eat too fast or take too big a bite it hurts going down and I have to get up and walk around or sit up straight.  But it doesn't stop me from eating.

As far as your band slipping my doctor told me you wouldn't be able to get anything down if your band slipped.

Hang in there.

Hugs,   Peggy 

aphephobicfriend
on 1/31/09 1:43 am - Ocala, FL
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I don't feel any restriction. I haven't tried a large meal yet because Im supposed to be on mushies for another day- but I have eaten a Hot Pocket and it didn't hurt to go down even with moderate size bites and I was able to eat a whole one without feeling full. Thanks for the encouragement. I hope I'll get some restriction eventually. I emailed my surgeon and asked him what he thought about me still being able to eat a lot.
As someone told me lately, everyone deserves the chance to fly!
Most Active