TOMORROW IS THE DAY!!!

alabamakatie
on 1/21/09 8:46 pm

I am having my Realize Band put in tomorrow morning! I am excited, nervous, .... a million emotions!!! I think my biggest fears are after surgery... Please help with these questions...

1. How long did you "hurt"? I know that there will be soreness, but how long were you on pain meds because of hurting?
2. Tell me about your afternoon after coming out of surgery and the following day.

I am just nervous about the unexpected I think... I don't know! My emotions are running on high!! :)

knomel1
on 1/22/09 12:27 am
REALIZE Band on 01/23/09 with
I am in the same boat as you!  I'll be banded at 9 am.  I know that we will both be great!  Congrats and best of luck!  Many Prayers!

Mel
10.2cc's in my 11cc band - still looking for my sweet spot!
High/Pre-Op/Goal - 263/242/150   
~Without love in your heart, each breath is wasted~

mochasoul
on 1/22/09 3:38 am
Congratulations!

A wonderful new beginning awaits you......

I was banded approx 2 weeks ago on Jan 5th,09. there was very little pain form the surgery or at the small incision sites.  The worst pain came from the GAS following surgery. For several days the pressure and bloating were awful. But have no fear! Please run...dont walk to the nearest store for Mint tea (usually a combination of spearmint and peppermint). It totally relieved the gas issue. Gas-X strips provide some relief as well....

Its real easy to get dehydrated so please remember to drink liquids all day long.

I will keep you both in my prayers..

**from 1 newbie to another.. Bands Rock!***
D-Lovely
debbih
on 1/22/09 12:50 pm - San Antonio, TX
REALIZE Band on 09/09/08 with
Congrats on your surgery.  I had mine done on 9/9/08 and honestly I was sore for about a day.  I had surgery at 7:30am and was home from the hospital by 2pm (I'm an hour and a half from my doctor).  I slept until about 6pm and then was up and around.  I took the pain meds that night and by the next morning I felt great.  Just make sure to walk around the house as much as possible and not over-do it. 

I know you will be nervous but it'll be okay.  Drink lots of liquids and if you have any gas problems drink mint tea - it really does work!! 

I'll keep you in my thoughts and please let me know how you are doing.

Take Care,
Debbi
newcynthia2009
on 1/23/09 1:42 pm
I was banded 11/25 and the pain was not at all as bad as I thought that it would be. I only took meds for two days after surgery and was out a 4am shopping the day after Thanksgiving. (taking it easy with water bottle in tow and not alone of coarse) That was 4 days post op.

I was banded at 10:15 am and was sore that afternoon but the pain was well managed by meds but I was up and walking around within hours and drinking broth. Insurance required an overnight stay and the next day we had to drive three hours back home. The Doc just told me to make sure to move around to avoid blood clots.

You will be great, everyone is different, just go at your own pace. I am sure that you did very well in surgery.
bornagain3
on 1/25/09 3:51 pm - Scottsville, VA
I was banded 9/29.  The pain from the procedure is minimal and you are pretty much over all soreness by a week.  I didn't take pain meds over a couple of days (cause constipation problems). 

My Dr. required me to stay overnight and my daughter who is an RN at that hospital spent the night with me which was wonderful.

I did alot of walking the halls to relieve the gas pains and avoid bloodclots.

You will do fine!

Jeane
alabamakatie
on 1/25/09 8:47 pm

Thank you so much to everyone that has posted! I am three days out and doing OK! Last night was the first night that I was not up due to gas pains in my back. It was so nice to be able to sleep!!  It is an interesting process!! Thanks again!!

PhoenixGirl69
on 1/27/09 2:40 am - San Angelo, TX
me too me too! so i guess we're "banding together". ha ha ha. i crack myself up. i go in at 9:30 and am scheduled to band at 11:00. i can't tell you how happy i am to hear that you all had positive experiences post-surgery. i've been up two nights worrying about how i'm going to be a zombie for days afterward, and unable to do anything but lay in bed. thanks for the info!
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Most Active