losing lots of hair

sandra37
on 1/20/09 3:52 am - athens, AL
hey everyone, i'm  very worried, the last two times i've washed my hair it has fell out really bad. i'm only 2 and a half months out and i just got my 1st fill last week, so i know its not from not eating i have'nt had any restriction at all and still don't have any even after the fill. so can any one tell me how long this will last? i'm taking biotin and  drinking my protein shakes, i don't know what else to do.i've only lost 20 lbs so far and i don't understand why its falling out so bad.
aphephobicfriend
on 1/20/09 5:18 am - Ocala, FL
I wish I had an answer for you, but I can say that I am in the same boat. I'm shedding way more than I should be- I'm closer to 3 months post-op but I still don't have any restriction, and I'm eating 100+ g of protein a day. it's not fair. Or good. I was looking over the material my surgeon gave me and it said to make sure to be taking zinc, because it helps with hair loss... so that's all I can suggest. Maybe have your blood tested to see if you need more of any vitamin, otherwise, all you can do (I hear) is keep your protein high and make sure it's moisturized, and hope for the best. Let me know if you hear something else, I'd be anxious to try it myself.

Ann
As someone told me lately, everyone deserves the chance to fly!
newcynthia2009
on 1/20/09 11:01 am
I also have this problem! I am taking all of my Vitamins and getting alot of protien. I am almost two months Post Op and down 31 Pounds.
auntennie13
on 1/20/09 11:28 pm
Make sure you are getting in 75 grams of good protein per day.  That should help. 
I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.
wildheart63
on 1/21/09 4:03 am - IL
you need more protein...up it no matter what it is now!
lori

Carol422
on 1/21/09 6:22 am, edited 1/21/09 6:23 am - Orland Park, IL
My doctors office recommends taking biotin and zinc. I take one of each once a day and it has helped. Be sure to get in at least 60 grams of protein everyday.
Carol

alabamakatie
on 1/21/09 8:48 pm
I am having surgery tomorrow and my dr said to take Biotin as well for hair, skin and nails. This should help with your hair! I'd give it a try if I were you!
phfauche
on 1/25/09 1:54 am - Columbus, OH
I had my lap band placed in April/2008 and had the same problem.  I've been washing with Nioxin shampoo (oncologists recommend this to their cancer patients) and taking biotin.  It is finally starting to come back in, after 9 months.  Of course, I also have no thyroid and may need a medication change (which happens every now and then).

My hair loss was so bad I even went to a wig store and tried on a few wigs.  My hair has always been thin and baby fine and the wigs had three times more hair than I do. 

So, I just want to tell you don't dismay it will come back eventually.  Hang in there.

Hugs,   Peggy 

Most Active