4th Fill...getting worried

RackeSRN
on 1/19/09 7:23 am - Florence, KY
Hi guys, hoping some of you long term bandsters could help me here.  I had my 4th fill today in a Realize band.  The band only holds 9 cc's and I have yet to feel ANYTHING except one episode of tightness when I ate really dry ham.  I now have 8cc in my band and wonder if it is possible to "fill the band" and not get restriction?????  Probably a really silly worry because my doctor doesn't seem to be worried at all.  He asked if I was feeling anything and I said, "No"...and he asked, "even when you eat too much or cheat and eat like you shouldn't?"...I guess I have to confess, I haven't eaten more than 6 oz at a sitting and I haven't eaten foods that weren't on the 'program'...maybe I need to cheat to see if it is working?  He laughed when I told him I hadn't "cheated" but that didn't help my concern over the band....
Is this a valid concern? 
Thanks, Sonja
DrC
on 1/19/09 8:26 am - Cincinnati, OH
On January 19, 2009 at 3:23 PM Pacific Time, RackeSRN wrote:
Hi guys, hoping some of you long term bandsters could help me here.  I had my 4th fill today in a Realize band.  The band only holds 9 cc's and I have yet to feel ANYTHING except one episode of tightness when I ate really dry ham.  I now have 8cc in my band and wonder if it is possible to "fill the band" and not get restriction?????  Probably a really silly worry because my doctor doesn't seem to be worried at all.  He asked if I was feeling anything and I said, "No"...and he asked, "even when you eat too much or cheat and eat like you shouldn't?"...I guess I have to confess, I haven't eaten more than 6 oz at a sitting and I haven't eaten foods that weren't on the 'program'...maybe I need to cheat to see if it is working?  He laughed when I told him I hadn't "cheated" but that didn't help my concern over the band....
Is this a valid concern? 
Thanks, Sonja
Sonja,

That last cc will go a long way for your restriction -- you'll get 10x more out of that than you did your first cc. 

By the way, I grew up in Campbell County and know lots of Racke's!

Trace W. Curry, M.D.  -- Lap Band, Realize Band, Sleeve Gastrectomy
Cincinnati, Ohio & Northern Ky    http://www.TheBandDoctor.com   
513.559.1222 / 877.442.BAND
DISCLAIMER:  Any information contained within is meant to be general medical advice only.  Please consult your surgeon on your specific problem!
RackeSRN
on 1/19/09 8:29 am, edited 1/19/09 8:30 am - Florence, KY
The Alexandria Racke's of Hess and Racke?????  I grew up in Campbell County as well (I am a "Cake-Eater" by birth  LOL)

So maybe I should cheat just to check, eh?    Kidding, I am doing too well to cheat now!  And again, maybe I would be feeling restriction if I was pushing my luck...but I just can't see working so hard to get here (post-op) and succumbing to my demons now!

Do you have informational meetings for potential patients?  I am wanting to talk my sister into coming to one since Dr Tom is leaving I would prefer her come to you...

Thank you so much for your response!

Sonja
DrC
on 1/20/09 8:29 am - Cincinnati, OH
On January 19, 2009 at 4:29 PM Pacific Time, RackeSRN wrote:
The Alexandria Racke's of Hess and Racke?????  I grew up in Campbell County as well (I am a "Cake-Eater" by birth  LOL)

So maybe I should cheat just to check, eh?    Kidding, I am doing too well to cheat now!  And again, maybe I would be feeling restriction if I was pushing my luck...but I just can't see working so hard to get here (post-op) and succumbing to my demons now!

Do you have informational meetings for potential patients?  I am wanting to talk my sister into coming to one since Dr Tom is leaving I would prefer her come to you...

Thank you so much for your response!

Sonja
Sure we do - they are on our web site at www.TheBandDoctor.com

I grew up a Camel, but now I'm a Cake Eater!

Trace W. Curry, M.D.  -- Lap Band, Realize Band, Sleeve Gastrectomy
Cincinnati, Ohio & Northern Ky    http://www.TheBandDoctor.com   
513.559.1222 / 877.442.BAND
DISCLAIMER:  Any information contained within is meant to be general medical advice only.  Please consult your surgeon on your specific problem!
wildheart63
on 1/20/09 3:23 am - IL
hey sonja,
i have had 3 fills and have 7cc in my realize band..i have restriction but i think i need a tweek to get the sweet spot......sometimes it takes a few days to adjust and BAM! you have restriction.
stay focused like you are and the sweet spot will come.
good luck to you
lori

RackeSRN
on 1/20/09 5:43 am - Florence, KY
Thanks Lori, I appreciate your response!
Mitch-01
on 1/20/09 3:53 am
"I now have 8cc in my band and wonder if it is possible to "fill the band" and not get restriction"

I don't think this is a real concern, my Dr. said that he could fill the band to the point that I could not swallow my own saliva, so I'd would say that restriction is always possible.

--mitch
RackeSRN
on 1/20/09 5:44 am - Florence, KY
Thanks Mitch, I am feeling some restriction with this fill, hopefully I continue to feel it!  Thanks for taking the time to respond!
Sonja
Most Active