Thinking band.

(deactivated member)
on 1/17/09 5:13 am - Elizabethtown, KY
Hi everyone. My name is Angela and I had open rny 3/24/05.  I lost and maintianed quite well for awhile and then life hit.  I went back to old habits and gained. I'm at 255 now.  I've tried to go back to basics and lose it again.  I now have diabetes AGAIN and severe acid reflux issues.  I'm wondering if I could do the band?  Several ppl have suggested the DS and/or a gbs revision but I don't know if I want to go that drastic.  Are there ppl out there they have revised from a rny to the band?  I realize the band, like the rny is a tool, I'll have to work hard at getting it off and keeping it off.  Believe me, regaining has been terrible emotionally.  I feel like a failure and I feel like ppl see me as a failure.  So, let me have it, ppl. What is the band?  What does it do? How does it help u lose weight?  Would I be a good candidate?  Any band docs in or around Elizabethtown Ky?
Thanks for any of your help.
Michael S.
on 1/18/09 12:29 am - WI
REALIZE Band on 02/20/09 with
I sorry that I don't have any answers for you.  My suggestion would be to post this on the "revision" forums.

I am pre-surgery, and don't have any real experience in this.

My suggestion would be to call some of your local bariatric clinics and set-up and appt.

--Mike

It's not a sign of weakness to seek help when you need it.
The only sign of weakness is NOT to seek the help you need.

530/428.6/363.0/200 (High/Surg/Cur/Goal)
7.0cc in my 9.5cc Band (Sweet Spot)

www.hungry2live.com - Winning my Battle Against Obesity Thanks to Weight Loss Surgery

bornagain3
on 1/18/09 8:31 pm - Scottsville, VA
I agree with Mike, and best of luck to you!

Jeane 
Most Active