2nd Fill

Greg M.
on 1/16/09 11:21 am - Cincinnati, OH
Had my second fill today of 5 cc.  Starting to get a little worried because I still feel no real restriction and my hunger has come back with a vengeance.  Didn't realize that the doctor removes the previous fill and starts fresh every time.  That was different.  Just keep trying to do my best and hope I get a handle on this thing soon. 

Lapband 12/11/08 - Slip 6/16/09 - 2nd Slip & Removal 8/3/09...Sleeve 12/22/11

aphephobicfriend
on 1/16/09 11:02 pm - Ocala, FL
I just had my second fill Thursday, I now have 4.5 ccs in the 10 cc band. I still feel no restriction. It is frustrating, to be sure.
As someone told me lately, everyone deserves the chance to fly!
stiletto6507
on 1/16/09 11:05 pm
the hunger thing is my problem, and they tv does not help, every commercial is for food.  i just keep a 20oz shaker bottle with muscle milk light in it with me all day.  i have also found that if i take and eat nonfat yogurt with frozen(thawed out) fruit like blueberries and strawberries it tends to hold me over for at least three hours.  are you getting something in you every three hours?  that will help, kraft has a 2% string cheese polly-0 and it is good to help curb hunger.  jus****ch out for alot of the low fat zero fat products, they replace the fat with sugar.  i have actual gone back to whole milk due to the carb count of skim, and the amount of fat in 1 and 2%, i only drink 1/2 a cup a day with the protein shake (fill the rest with water).  just the small amount of fat in the milk gives you a GOOD full feeling.  i only have 3.5cc's in my band and i notice that there is SOME restriction but not the best.  God speed and good luck.

bornagain3
on 1/17/09 5:00 am - Scottsville, VA
Hello all:

I have had 3 fills now and and it was not until the 3rd fill that I finally felt any real restriction  Now if I start to gurgle, I stop eating or else I get the foamies!

Jeane
ssassy480
on 1/17/09 6:38 am - VA
 I did not realize that they start fresh everytime???? Why is this..... did they tell you???? How many cc's does your band hold? Hopefully we all will feel restriction with our third fill.  The hunger thing is an issue. We are all together in this mission. Thanks for your response.
Greg M.
on 1/17/09 1:36 pm - Cincinnati, OH
They didn't make a big deal about it, just removed the current fill with one pull on the syringe plunger.  Drew up fresh saline and injected.  It only took less than a minute for the entire process.  With this method they can check for leaks, make sure how much is in there...I hear that a little is actually lost in the band tubing and walls.  So anyway I went from 3 to 5 cc in a 9 cc band.  Previously, I heard that my band actually will hold 14 cc but they never fill them past 9 cc.  So I'm just over half full.  I have some noticeable restriction today and did very well.

Lapband 12/11/08 - Slip 6/16/09 - 2nd Slip & Removal 8/3/09...Sleeve 12/22/11

Most Active