back pain after eating

sknd34
on 1/16/09 9:41 am - West Fargo, ND
On Monday, I will be 2 weeks post-op. I am on the mushies diet for another 1 1/2 weeks. Today I pureed 2 oz of very moist chicken and about 2 tablespoons of green beans. With about one bite left, I start to get mid back pain (at about the same level as I would expect to get epigastric pain if overeating). Has anybody heard of this?  I have nothing in my band, but suppose that I still have some post-op swelling. Any help is appreciated.  Thanks
Steph
bornagain3
on 1/17/09 5:02 am - Scottsville, VA
I have never had any back pain.  If this continues to bother you, you might want to call the hospital and either talk to your bariatric surgeon or another one.  You could very well still have some post-op swelling though I think.

Jeane
tbines401
on 1/18/09 5:32 am - Columbia, SC
From my experience after eating too much you will get some back pain. Its a signal that you have over did it. Just keep an eye on it and this may or may not be it
RackeSRN
on 1/19/09 8:17 am - Florence, KY
Hey Steph, funny I read this after meeting with my nut.  She said the band "talks" to people differently and restriction can many times feel like mid-back pain and not chest or sternal pain like many people say.  She said it often refers to the back and it is a "full" sign ...good idea to stop then!
Hope this helps, Sonja
Most Active