Water Intake

jimslim
on 1/10/09 12:31 pm
Hi,
I'm getting the Realize band on 3/24/09.  I love water but understand that I can't drink with meals.  Is that because it would cause me to fill up too fast?  Is that such a bad thing?  Also, I like my water cold.  Will that cause more problems?

Dreadz9093
on 1/10/09 12:40 pm - Irvington, NJ
good luck on your up coming life change.  I am 18 months in.  They say you should not drink while you eat because it will do is wash the food though too soon making you hungery againg so what you will need to do is drink all you want up to about 5 mins before you eat that way when you eat you won't want that much because you will be simi full with the water.

ShweetWahine
on 1/11/09 11:41 am
I thought that the No soda/No drinking with meals was going to be super hard. It was actually super easy! And I love to drink soda and water!!!! My DR only requires a 30-20-30 but I actually wait one hour to drink and it goes by really fast!!!

Good luck!
newcynthia2009
on 1/11/09 3:36 pm
It is really not that bad.
It is hard to imagine all of the changes until you actually face them, or at least it was for me. I did not know how I would make though the day with out a Pepsi but I do not even miss it any more.

You will get used to the timing and after a while it becomes normal;  you will not even think about it.

I drink cold water with no problems.
bornagain3
on 1/12/09 9:33 am - Scottsville, VA
Not drinking with meals seems like the opposite of what folks are taught.  My daughter has been doing that with her kids all along.  They both are very healthy with no weight problems and I hope it stays that way.

I love drinking my water cold and have not had any trouble.
jimslim
on 1/12/09 10:05 am
Hi,
Thanks for the input.  Do I need to sip my cold water?  Is there a limitation on how much I can  drink at one time?
RackeSRN
on 1/13/09 7:28 am - Florence, KY
Some people can chug fluids because they go right through and some people really need to be careful.  It is very individual.   If I drink something warm I seem to drink faster but the fluids drop through quicker (like my band relaxes)  

If I drink cold -real cold fluids my band constricts and I have to go real slow!  Burping, gurgling back up, hiccups and pain/pressure behind your sternum are all clues to SLOW DOWN.  

I can grab a room temp bottle of water and drink 8 ounces fast with no problem....but cold to me means GO SLOW 
jimslim
on 1/13/09 8:47 am
Thanks for the info!!  I'm trying to amass as much information as I can before 3/24.  What about ice chips??  Same rules apply?
Most Active