still losing so slowly

mjst220
on 1/10/09 2:57 am
I was banded on 6/27/08 and have only lost 30pound or so -- gain and then lose... I have 5 cc in my band and should go for another fill on jan.19th- my problem is that i can eat anything still. I got off track for a while and have now hunkerd back down to my diet is anyone losing this slowly or is it just me?
Spiffytif21
on 1/10/09 5:22 am - Etters, PA
Wow.. we are in EXACTLY the same predicament!  I was banded 07/28/08 & I have lost 21lbs.  My band has 5 cc's, as well, and I'm scheduled for another 'possible' fill on 02/04/08.  As you said, I can eat anything for the most part.  Sometimes I can even eat more then 1 cup before I feel full.. but I do basically stick to three meals a day, and don't always get 64oz of water.  Maybe that's a fault.  I'm curious to see what responses you get to this post.  Perhaps, they'll help both of us along! 
Best of luck..
Tiff
 Tiffanie
PSJ71
on 1/10/09 12:14 pm - Blanchard, OK
I haven't been banded yet, but I was just wondering how much exercise are you guys doing?  When I first started looking into WLS, I was set on getting the band, but now after I have been doing some research and visiting both sides, I just wonder if I should opt for the gastric bypass.  This all just terrfies me.  I have started an exercise regimen, as I have to do a 3-month supervised diet with my WLS surgeon now that my insurance has changed, but maybe my insurance change is a blessing to allow myself more time to get accustomed to some changes and try to get more wedged in a consistent exercise routine. 

I hope the weight loss fairy comes and sprinkle weight loss dust on you guys.  :)

Paulette
mjst220
on 1/11/09 12:25 pm
I do at least 30min a day on the gazelle or the wii.  I get 64oz of water a day at least. I am finally losing a little better this week- but i have banned all carbs because i know that is my downfall. I did the 6month supervised diet and exercise plan for insurance and i was glad because i was on the fence with which surgery to do.. ultimately it is a choice you have to make for you there is no right answer.  I am frustrated that i am losing slowly but that being said i have managed to keep it off longer that ever before. I chose lap band because of the risk involved with bypass- my best friend had bypass and has lost 220 lbs but not without problems, and she still has problems and has managed to gain back a good bit of weight- get all the facts , ask lots of questions and go with your gut and you will undoubtedly make the right decision for you! good luck!
PSJ71
on 1/11/09 10:43 pm - Blanchard, OK
I know sometimes, as was the case back in 2000, when I was single and had extra money....I had a trainer and went to the gym religiously, I found that I had to change my routine up about every 2 weeks, because it seemed once I settled into a certain routine my body became accustomed to it and I started to stall.  Once I changed it up, I started seeing the weight start coming off again. 

I know what you mean about being making the decision.  I am still leaning toward the band though, just because if it seems I am not losing, then I always have that option to get a fill.  I also want to have another baby before I'm 40.  I'm 37 now, so I think the band would be the safest way as far as that goes.  I guess I was a little enamored of how much weight you can lose with the bypass. 

Keep your chin up, you will get there with your weight loss. I remember my trainer used to tell me, "it's all a mind game."  I firmly believe him.  I so hope I have the band in 6 months or less. 

Good luck to you! 
Paulette
clovett
on 1/12/09 3:42 am - farmingdale, NJ
Hello, i was banded on Nov 7, 2008. I was down 23 lbs gain 8lbs now i'm down since my fill 5lbs. I received my first fill on Jan 6. I only have 4 cc in my band. It sound like you have no restriction. I have very little restriction. I've heard some people don't fill restriction until there 3rd or 4th fill. Its very easy to get of track because without restriction you can still eat pretty much anything. You did the right thing by getting back on your diet, and continue to work out.  After this next fill you should fill some type of restriction. Good luck and please keep me posted.
[link=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcA3oBn/]
[image noborder]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wcA3oBn/weight.png[/image]
[/link]

knickerbocker
on 1/12/09 4:39 am - MI
Hmmmm...It sounds like you need to talk to you doctor about a more aggresive fill schedule.  I had surgery on October 30 and already have 6cc in my band.  There was a big difference between 4 and 6, but I will be getting a little more in February. 
pattyhdz
on 1/12/09 12:36 pm - mcallen, TX
same boat here.. i only have 3 and half cc and dont feel much restictin can eat at least 2 cups..  I went back to gym this week cuz i have lost no wt in 3 month.  i was banded june 30.. i do have to admitt i still love my band cuz i eat no where near what i would eat before.  I sometimes wonder if my body just got use to eating this way and i need to be aggressive at my workout so i can get off my plautea ..

Most Active