gas...sorry

auntennie13
on 1/8/09 11:32 pm
I am 6 months post-op with Realize Band......since surgery, I have been EXTREMELY gassy....intestinal gas that is ridiculous!  I'm a teacher and have very specific times in my schedule when I can go to the lav.  That being said, when I do get there, it's like an explosion!  Other than that, I have had NO complications from surgery...no pain, no nausea, no vomiting, and all of that with no fill!  I feel bad that I'm complaining about gas, but it really affects my life.  Sometimes I find that I can't even control it.  It's so unfeminine!

Does anyone have the same problem?  Any helpful hints? 
I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.
mochasoul
on 1/9/09 1:01 am
1st let me say. I just got banded on jan 5th. I totally feel your pain. however today isbetter then yesterday. It is getting much better. I was advsd to use the Gas-X strips and drink mint tea. Lord knows i was willing to try anything. Hope this helps...

how much weight have you lost? did you have any pain in your calves?
auntennie13
on 1/9/09 1:10 am

I have used GasX strips and they don't seem to help at all.  I've tried all kinds of stuff, but the only thing that relieves it is actually expelling it.

Since July 18th, I have lost 50 pounds...I seem to be at a little plateau now, but I have not even had my first fill yet.  I go to the surgeon for another appointment on the 20th and I feel certain that I will get my first fill then.

I have not had any pain in my calves, but since you are just fresh out of surgery, please contact your surgeon.  It is possible that it may be from bloodclots or a potassium deficiency....or, you may just need to walk around more.  In any case, contact your doc.

I did not have any pain from surgery....just general discomfort from the little incisions.

Good luck in your recovery!

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.
Michael S.
on 1/9/09 1:34 am - WI
REALIZE Band on 02/20/09 with
I have heard Gas-X can be your best friend.

Let me know how it works!

--Mike

It's not a sign of weakness to seek help when you need it.
The only sign of weakness is NOT to seek the help you need.

530/428.6/363.0/200 (High/Surg/Cur/Goal)
7.0cc in my 9.5cc Band (Sweet Spot)

www.hungry2live.com - Winning my Battle Against Obesity Thanks to Weight Loss Surgery

Vicky S.
on 1/9/09 4:34 am - Taunton, MA
I've used Phayse-X and Beano with some success.  I was told that the excess gas is caused because we are required to take such small bites (if we are being complient) and to chew, chew, chew... thus ingesting extra amounts of air into our esophogus and ultimately our stomach and digestive track.  I don't know how much truth is in that, but it seemed logical to me!

"You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be." ~ David Viscott   

NaughtyZute
on 1/17/09 11:34 am - Climax, MI
I'm having the same problem and found by doing a search here at OH for gas.  Lots of people have tried lots of things.  So I suggest you do a search on gas and you'll find lots of suggestions in lots of posts.

If you don't like your life, change the way you're living

Most Active