I have the Realize band!!

Nan1109
on 1/5/09 4:38 am
VSG on 01/25/18
Ok, so I was banded on 12/19. I never discussed with my dr which band I was getting cause I just assumed I was getting the regular one. I just found out I got the Realize band cause he felt it was better for me. I have no problem with that, I was just a bit surprised! Anyway, I've read up on the Realize band and it seems to me that it's about the same as the regular one. Was anyone given the choice of which band to choose? Is there anything I need to know that's specific to the Realize band? I've been on the lapband board; guess I'm joining you over here!!

new-start
on 1/5/09 10:14 am
I had a choice and went with the Realize since it seemed softer and more flexible with the shape of your stomach. I also liked the web site, which I use only for tracking my measurements and my fills. Should probably do more on it.  I would recommend you make sure you know your band size in cc's so that when you see people start to talk about their fills you can put it in perspective.  I wish my Dr was a bit more aggressive, he only fills every 60 days and he never seems to put in as much as others on the board.  I am not losing very fast and I think this is the reason. But I am managing and hanging in there.
Karyn Isom
Webster, KY

bornagain3
on 1/5/09 9:09 pm - Scottsville, VA
Hi Nan,

I chose the Realize band because I thought I would use the web site but find I don't .  Am not sorry about my choice.  My surgeon said there really wasn't much difference.

It has taken me 3 fills to feel like I have restriction but that may have happened with any band.  I am just thankful for what I have lost and look forward to loosing more.

Jeane
DelRae
on 1/13/09 10:41 am - Green, OH
I had my realize band placed December 3rd and had a choice between the Lap and Realize bands.  I went with the Realize band becuase it was softer - and might cause less scaring and wear and tear on the outside of the stomach.  It also has a neat connector to assist in replacing tubing if my surgeon were to ever puncture my tube rather than my port. (If I had to have tubing removed due to a hole).  I don't know if it matters, but I had the Realize "C" band put in which was approved for use in the US around Dec 1st. I'm not sure how the older bands differed.
Most Active