I wish that I would of had the RNY, instead of the Realize Band...

lisanebraska68
on 1/8/09 8:57 am - NE
Patience is a vertue....You didn't gain it over night and you won't lose it over night.  My hubby had RNY and he did lose a lot of weight but now 4 years out he has to watch what he eats and how much as he will gain it back..we have a friend who had RNY and gained it and some more back.

The band is a tool...one that only works when you work with it.  If you went into this thinking the band was going to do all the work for you then your NUT and yourself mislead yourself....I know that sugar goes down easier than protein, but I have made a conscienscous chose to eat the portein first...once you start to lose the weight...you should have started walking in the hospital...you can do minor exercises...and by choice and chance exercise becomes a way of life...when I get stressed or depressed instead of eating like I use to I head to the gym or treadmill....I sweat out my frustrations and feel so much better than had I drowned them in food...

I wish you luck in you endeavor but I also hope that YOU wise up and learn to follow the rules...

teri0021
on 1/8/09 9:29 am - Arvada, CO
RNY on 08/25/14
On January 3, 2009 at 6:52 PM Pacific Time, Nicole Wilson wrote:
I had my realize band on 12/10 and I will not have my first Dr. visit until 1/5.  I wish that I would of had the RNY surgery instead of the Realize Band.  I am not losing weight fast enough, I have cheated so many times, it's not funny.  I feel like such a failure.  I haven't worked out yet because I wanted to be cleared by my doctor first before I do anything.  I drank right after I eat, I eat foods that I shouldn't, and I eat morw then I am supposed to.  I feel like I have no restrictions....Will insurance approve another surgery, so that I can have the RNY?  Tricare is paying for my surgery...
Nicole,

I doubt Tricare or any insurance is going to pay for another WL surgery due to you being unmotivated enough to follow the guidelines and use the tool given to you.  You're looking for an easy fix and something to do it for you.  Not going to happen.

mxekin65
on 1/8/09 11:20 am
Hijack!!

Teri,

You look great!! You go girl!!!

Keep up the good work!

Blessings,

Nina
DrTina
on 1/8/09 10:48 am - Beaverton, OR
 Ok stop and breathe.  lapband takes time to kick in and you have to do your best to follow the rules.  I have periods where I am not great with the rules. I test my band etc.  There will come a time (if you stay on top of your fills) that you will find restriction.  You will no longer be able to eat too much, or not chew well enough.  You will not be able to drink right after you eat.  The consequences include pain and vomiting.  On the other hand-the band will not help you make good choices.  Cookies and ice cream are easy to eat band or no band.

It will be (if you show patience and get your fills) a joint effort-your band and you.  You can go on the milkshake diet and not lose a pound if you choose to do so.  Or snack all day if you choose to do so.  YOu can also choose to follow the rules the best way you can and find success.
Nicole Wilson
on 1/8/09 9:14 pm - Indianapolis, IN
I wanted to thank everyone who posted a comment.  It's nice to know that I have friends that I can turn to in a situation like this.  I was so depressed, but then I was talking to my friend who had the RNY a 1 1/2 ago and I saw this big thing of skin and she said that it was due to losing the weight too fast.  I do not want that to happen to me.  Also my husband and I joined the YMCA, so I think once I start working out I will feel better about myself.  I am sure that I will also lose more weight too.  I just can't thank you guys enough for your support, it's nice to know that I have you guys, family and friends there for me.  Since the post I have stayed on track and I have not cheated once. 
NaughtyZute
on 1/17/09 11:29 am - Climax, MI
Nicole,
Just wanted to add to what everyone else has said and that is that we've programmed ourselves to fail.  How many diets have you been on in your life?  How many actually worked?  That's why we're here.  I remember being taken to a diet doctor when I was 11 years old and being put on diet pills at ELEVEN.  There's something in many of us that cries out for failure, but the first step to change the direction of our sabotage river is to realize that we're doing it to ourselves.  It's as if we tell ourselves I'm going to fail anyway, I might as well hurry up and get it over with.  To me it sounds like you  need to participate in a support group.  It also sounds like you need to read all tthe literature you were provided by the surgeon and nutritionist.  The fact is you can do this, but you can't buy it. 
Attitude is everything and that can be changed at any time.  It was a big day in my life when I realized that I highly value a positive attitude and it's something I have 100% control over.  Many of us have learned to feel sorry for ourselves.  An early  memory for me was at the age of 8 or so, a carful of teenagers drove by me as I walked to school.  One of them yelled out the car window "STOP" and of course I did.  I looked at him and he yelled "You're cracking the sidewalk."  The outside world has hurt us for long enough... please don't help them.  Do everything in your power to break free.  And you've taken a brave first step by honestly sharing about it here.

The best revenge is to live well.  Good luck.  Please keep posting and please keep going. 

If you don't like your life, change the way you're living

Most Active