I am a failure

Melanie C.
on 1/3/09 1:59 am - Inverness, FL
I had this wonderful opportunity to have this surgery done and I cant even do this right.. What is wrong with me???... I have been eating things I know im not suppose to... I have gained back 5 lbs of what I lost my first week oh yeah i had my surgery 12/16/08... What is wrong with me?? Can someone please help me with this??.. as for the strained foods.. I cant do it... I have alot of water retension also... Any advice would be greatful....
Carol422
on 1/3/09 2:40 am - Orland Park, IL
You know what you ate that you were not supposed to, NOW STOP! 
You are still recovering from surgery, you will only be hurting yourself if you continue in this behavior. Now take a deep breath and relax.
Why did you have this surgery?
Were you tired of being unhealthy?
Were you tired of being tired and lethargic?
Do you want to be healthy?

Now shake it off and get to business...it's a new year and time for a new you. If you did your research, you knew this was not going to be easy. It takes time and patience especially since you probably have not had a fill yet. Re-start like your life depends on it.....it may.
We are all on this journey for a reason, we are all in this together....
keep posting and read what others are going thru and you will see you are not alone. Good luck on your journey! Keep us posted.
Carol

Farmgirl58
on 1/3/09 2:46 am - AL
Where is your positive thinking...if you think you are a failure, you are setting yourself up to be.
Do you have someone you can talk to...is there a support group you can attend on a weekly basis?  There are tons of books out there on improving one's self esteem and confidence.  Do you have any outside interest to help you get your mind off  food?  Get involved with a club, or organization...do volunteer work, take up a hobby, anything to get you out of the house, and to redirect your thinking.  Remember, God loves us all, and did not make any junk.  You are a good person, and can succeed.  Now, I hope this little pep talk helped in some way.  Follow your doctors orders if you want to be successful, and find some type of support group. Farmgirl58
RackeSRN
on 1/3/09 3:00 am, edited 1/3/09 3:00 am - Florence, KY
You are not even three weeks post-op and maybe need to look at what you are ALLOWED to eat instead of what you WANT to eat (yeah I know...easier said than done...but you knew what was required going into this).  If you have already decided you are a failure, then why are you asking for help?   Failures don't keep trying-people with hope do.   Having said that...you are not a failure or you wouldn't have posted here.
Keep in mind:
1. You have no restriction and 2 weeks post-op you are feeling ready to eat; right now....YOU ARE ON A DIET!
2. You CAN damage your band by eating things/consistencies you are not allowed to yet...did you do this just to start over?
3. The band is a TOOL-not a fix and you still are responsible for what goes in your mouth...if it is not time to eat find something else to do!
4. Create a routine and a structure to your eating, meals and food choices...those who plan do not fail...those who fail to plan really just plan to fail
5. Cook ahead and pre-portion your meals.  Sunday is cook day for me and I have taken stock in 4 oz Glad-Ware containers.  I cook for my family and portion out my food (portions AND choices) and store them separately.
6. Wendy's chili-in a blender is your best bet right now...texture doesn't change much and it TASTES great!  Also, refried beans with low fat cheese, hummus, turkey meatloaf....all are good choices for the "mushies" stage
If you fall...remember you only fell off the wagon, don't lose sight of the path...
Sonja
Melanie C.
on 1/3/09 3:17 am - Inverness, FL
I want to thank everyone for responding to my post.. Im gonna go right now and pick up a few things to help me start over... Thank you so much for your help everyone...
bornagain3
on 1/4/09 6:29 am - Scottsville, VA
The most important thing is that you reached out to us for help!  You already knew what you needed to do, but the support of this board will help you do it!  Start over every hour if you blow it.  Don't let one mistake ruin a whole day.

Take care.

Jeane
clovett
on 1/3/09 5:43 am - farmingdale, NJ

WHAT EVERYONE IS SAYING IS RIGHT, BUT HOWEVER IT IS MOSTLY  MENTAL,YOU HAVE TO GET IT TOGETHER IN YOUR MIND. I GAIN 5 LBS BACK AND I'M 2 MONTHS POST OP.  I ALSO SUFFER FROM EDEMA, SO I RETAIN FLUID. JUST KEEP POSITIVE AND GET BACK ON TRACK. GOD BLESS

[link=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcA3oBn/]
[image noborder]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wcA3oBn/weight.png[/image]
[/link]

Melanie C.
on 1/3/09 10:39 am - Inverness, FL
Thank you so much... I can feel my hands and face swelling at times.. Can you tell me what is best to help with that.. I drink so much water..I have always loved to drink water so thats not a problem for me... Thank you again for your response...I appreciate it
Terry Cieniewicz
on 1/4/09 7:06 am - Martinez, GA
You are not a failure.  You just need to give yourself time to learn how to live with this tool.  You did not put the weight on over night and I guarentee that even when putting it on you had ups and downs in your weight.   Positive thoughts...If you don't believe it you will never reach it.  Stress can also cause you to gain.  Relax.

The Edema:
Have you started any type of exercise/activity...walking?   
Are you getting too much salt?  check your labels
Have you been ill?  this can cause your body to do all sorts of weird things

You can do this. 

Terry

Melanie C.
on 1/6/09 5:42 am - Inverness, FL
Thanks again for everyones support... I know im not getting in enough exercise...Im always drinking water but it does not seem to be doing what it use to do for me... it seems like im holding the water in... I dont know...tomorrow I am going to start walking more...
Most Active