Calling all ICE CREAM junkies!

RackeSRN
on 1/2/09 9:27 pm - Florence, KY
Are you in bandster hell?  Craving chocolate, craving some forbidden ice cream????     Dying for something sweet and knowing the LAST thing your new eating life-style will make room for is ICE CREAM????   can't tolerate those protein shakes and need more protein in your diet???
Do you have access to, or can get an ice cream maker???  Someone posted this a while ago and I tried it and if you crave the forbidden ice cream, YOU MUST TRY IT!   I have to hide it from my 13 y/o because she devours it thinking I bought "cheater" ice cream!

6 scoops chocolate protein powder
3 cups skim milk
2 tbsp chunky (or smooth if you prefer) peanut butter

I put it all in a blender (half at a time) so the protein powder and peanut butter blends completely.

Pour it into an ice cream maker and follow manufacturer's directions.

Immediately when done- portion out into 4 ounce containers (makes exactly 8 four oz containers)

The peanut butter adds the little bit of fat needed to make it creamy instead of a brick of ice, and it also masks that "protein taste"

Before eating I throw the container in the microwave for 10 seconds to soften it some and it is as creamy and smooth as Baskin Robbins!

Today I am going to try making it with cherry Nectar protein powder and low fat cream cheese....we'll see!

Nutritional value/content (I use protein powder with 24 gms protein per scoop)
Cal: 136
Fat: 2
Carbs: 6.1
Protein: 23

YEAH!

kellybmomof3
on 1/2/09 10:13 pm
Hey, this sounds good!  I'm keeping this one for later!
Kelly B
297/247/165

Summer Slimmers Challenge!

Most barriers to your success are man-made.  And, most often, you're the man who made them.  ~ Frank Tyger
Farmgirl58
on 1/3/09 2:53 am - AL
Thank you for the scrumptious icecream recipe....have not had surgery yet, hopefully the insurance company is reviewing my package the doctor sent them and hope to have surgery this spring.....keep up the good work and keep posting those great recipes. Farmgirl58
Want2BALoser
on 1/3/09 5:47 am - MS
What kind of protein powder did you use?

Adrienne

RackeSRN
on 1/3/09 7:12 am - Florence, KY
I used Jay Robb's 100% Whey Isolate Chocolate.  It is made with Stevia and not aspartame or sucralose so it is even kinder to the glycemic index.  Fitfuel.com and Vitacost.com both sell it.  25 gms of protein per scoop.  Enjoy!
Sonja
Most Active